“Family Friendly, Cozy and Peaceful Lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Skyline Guest Ranch and Guide Service
Ranked #1 of 1 Cooke City B&B and Inns
East Setauket, New York, United States
“Family Friendly, Cozy and Peaceful Lodge”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay here back in July 2013 with our 2 teenagers. Liz is very sweet and will take the time to give you ideas on places to go and things to do outside of Yellowstone. The scenery is beautiful outside the lodge. I loved looking out my room window in morning at the horse stable. Thank you for making it a memorable stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Lovely lodge in a beautiful location, very convenient to Yellowstone Northeast entrance. The drive to and from Yellowstone is gorgeous. Breakfast was delicious. The beds very comfy. Hosts were kind and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ATexasNative
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Liz and Vic Jackson & all of the Jackson family members know how to treat their guests with a caring attitude. We stayed at the B&B for three nights and also were transported into the backcountry by horses and mules for our third trip with Vic. My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about them.. The way they treat us.we felt like part of their family. Their horses are gentle and sure-footed, the staff is very attentive- Kameesha took photos of us during our horse ride into the Beartooth mountains, and Vic made sure we felt comfortable on the horse ride in and out. The breakfasts cooked by Liz were yummy and she even has sugar-free syrup and gluten-free breads for special needs. We highly recommend their accommodations and horseback riding trips. Our visits to Skyline Guest Ranch are now an annual event we look forward to with anticipation. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are quieter although the downstairs room allows dogs. All of the bathrooms have ampl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank skmwildernessgirl
Sidney, Montana, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Skyline Guest Ranch for 8 days and used their guide service for a Big Horn Sheep/ Big game combo hunt. I was made to feel welcome right from the start. Liz Met me as I entered smiling and welcoming. I got settled in and she pointed out some hunting I could do if I wanted to get started right away. Luke "my guide" was snowed out for a day due to road closures. Vic the owner took me hunting the first day and when Luke got there late that night he had horses saddled early introduced himself at breakfast and we began hunting. He worked very hard for the next six days trying to put me on the game we were after. The food was top notch, service was great! Every morning I got up came to the dining room and was always met with a smile. Coffee was ready and breakfast on. I read some negative reviews and didn't have that experience at all. I can however see how people could mistake busy for preoccupied or rude. It was rather slow when I was there due to the Government furlough and everyone was very busy still so I can see how during the heat of the tourist season where they would be very busy with guests and day trips as well. I could not imagine any of the family being rude. I felt very welcome and formed great friendships at my time at the skyline guest ranch and would highly recommend them. IWILL BE BACK FOR SURE!!!!! John Martin

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The facilities were lovely and well appointed. The hosts were awesome and very accommodating. The food was great. I wish we'd had time to got for a horseback ride. We had planned to be in Yellowstone but as the park was closed we were looking for alternatives. The Chief Joseph Scenic Byway, Wyoming 296, was a gorgeous drive with the trees starting to change color. It would be a lovely drive anytime of year!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kvilhaug
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very nice, comfortable lodgings, great food, beautiful scenery, amazing horses, and knowledgeable guides. The Absaroka/Beartooth mountains are some of the most stunning scenery in the Continental United States. Large breakfast well before dawn, saddled up before sunrise, and traversing some of the most difficult terrain I've ever experienced short of vertical cliff climbing. The horses were sure-footed even in ice & snow, on loose rocks, slick rock, and stepping over tangles of downed timber.

Dinners were also large and delicious, and the packed lunches enough to satisfy someone much larger than me, and I'm 6'4".

The 3 story lodge is situated off of the highway, and has a large great-room heated by a wood stove where guests gather to share the day's experiences, watch TV, or consult the next day's weather forecast on the satellite downlinked internet connection. Rooms are spacious, clean, and well kept. There is a house phone that is free for guests to use.

This is wild country, with Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, and the occasional bear sited from or near the lodge. It also means that access, power, and internet service may be interrupted if the weather closes in. But the lodge is well equipped to handle such contingencies, and it is all part of the wilderness experience. We even got to enjoy an intimate candlelight dinner courtesy of a windstorm that temporarily knocked out the power.

A short drive from the spectacular (and less frequently travelled) NE entrance to Yellowstone national park, be sure to drive the Beartooth Highway and the Chief Joseph Highway while visiting.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, ask for the room on the ground floor (there is only one). Secon...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

we really enjoyed out stay at Skyline, it is in a great location ... convenient to both the Beartooth Pkway and to Chief Joseph Scenic byway ... both are must sees if you are in the area. Rooms were clean and nice, most of the rooms are upstairs but if you can handle stairs, you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: IF you need a main level room, book early as they only have 1 or maybe 2 on the main floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends