“We enjoyed our stay here. It is very close to Yellowstone...”

Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cooke City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Louisiana
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Due to construction at the Hotel, parking was very limited and difficult to locate spots at night due to poor lighting. Our room was on the 2nd floor. Bringing the luggage into the Hotel was a challenge due to the inadequate lighting. In fact, both in our party nearly fell down the stairs leading to the 2nd floor due to inadequate lighting. I read the Manager's response to another review that a light has now been installed. Very glad to hear about that improvement. The room was nice but the walls were thin. Shortage of breakfast items during our stay. I know the construction had much to do with some of the issues we experienced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah W
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

When I checked into the Super 8, they had no record of my reservation which was booked with Hotels.com but fortunately they had the last room available for one night. Staff not helpful at all and very argumentative. I paid for 2 nights in advance but decided to check out the next morning and I got a full refund for the second night without a problem. The staff were not friendly at all. I didn't have breakfast there, not keen on chain motels' breakfasts so went elsewhere. The bed was comfortable and the room clean, but no fridge or micro which I am used to but I knew that in advance. Would not stay there again. I arrived late and other places were booked and since I made the reservation with Hotels.com decided to stay at the Super 8. The staff blamed Hotels.com for not having a record of my reservation. They wanted a copy of my reservation and I couldn't print it on their computer so the girl on the desk asked me to email to her and that didn't work either. We argued for about 10 minutes and I was furious that I couldn't get a copy of my reservation to her and she kept on asking for it. Stupid woman. In the end I showed it to her on the computer. She was not only argumentative but stupid. It took half an hour to sort this mess out. The walls are very thin, I could hear someone snoring next door so my sleep was interrupted.No elevator and I was on the 2nd floor, 3 floors in all. This all ruined my stay in Cooke City - couldn't wait to leave and head for lovely Red Lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Angela885
Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was the second time I've stayed at this motel. It isn't fancy, but it's nice enough, clean enough and modern enough. For me, it is the perfect place to stay when I am visiting Yellowstone's Lamar Valley. Staying in this motel, I can view wildlife in the evening in Lamar Valley, stay overnight not far from Lamar Valley and then view wildlife again the next morning. Just like my previous trip, we were able to see grizzlies and wolves in Lamar Valley. On this trip, we saw grizzlies during the evening and grizzlies & wolves the next morning. If we hadn't been staying nearby in Cooke City, we wouldn't have seen the wolves. Cooke City is also a great gateway to the Beartooth highway, which is by far the most scenic entrance or exit to Yellowstone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Arnolds Park, Iowa
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Recently came to Yellowstone to see the sites and animals. Our room was clean and comfortable. Was great to have wifi available as my cellular service was not available there in the park. Was able to grant us our request for a ground floor room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Three of us were in the Yellowstone area fishing for a few days and we spent a night at this hotel. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was the usual fare, but filling and free. We checked in about 7pm, with a reservation, and the young lady on the front desk was very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is located in the heart of Cooke City.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed in Cook City on our way to Yellowstone. In general it is your typical small town missing friendly people who's businesses only thrive on tourism. The guest services on the late afternoon evening was not only rude but argumentative. When I call the front desk for the wifi password she hung up on me after I asked to repeat the password to her. No pets allowed but she had her own dog in the office area. No help with directions, etc. I would not stay again. Room was clean but that is the best thing. You could hear ever toilet flush or shower in the entire facility so stay on the third floor if possible. Housekeeping was knocking on doors at 600am to clean which was very rude.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
#6 of 6 in Cooke City
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park

Been to Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area? Share your experiences!