“was scared”

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cooke City
Reviewed 27 July 2014

After reading a few bad reviews, I still booked at this motel. I'm happy I did, because I had the best time here. I love going into Yellowstone park and watching wolves. Cooke city is closer to the area I visit. I wanted to check a hour early and the woman at the front desk let me do this. After going into the park, I went to my room and found it very clean and had a comfortable night. I would suggest trying this motel before you make a judgment on it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robert s
Robert S, General Manager at Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your comments we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked reservations at the Super 8, after a long day of travel on a motor bike we walked in to the Super 8 in Cooke city and were informed that they had overbooked the hotel and we had no rooms. My credit card had already been charged for the rooms. If I had not shown up, I would have been charged for the rooms. They had my cell phone # and could have informed me but they did not. The only thing this hotel is looking for is your money so watch out.

Room Tip: be very careful and get a confirmation number.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rwhit77
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had reservations at this hotel on July 19, 2014. We traveled from Idaho Falls that day and arrived at 3 p.m. to find out we didn't have rooms! When we made the reservation we even had the discussion about what was going on in town that weekend and how fast rooms were going! They said oh sorry your rooms were reserved for June 19 not July! BUT our money hadn't been refunded to our card! Funny we made the reservation after June 19! They lied they sold the rooms for more money and left us stranded! NEVER NEVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KevinLori F

We apologize although the reservations were made for June we had been sold out for the rally weekend for more than 2 months. The front desk clerk was able to refund the monies and find them other rooms in town for there stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I visited with my grandma and our 2 dogs. This was the only hotel we could find that was pet friendly in this area. The manager was very helpful and great with us and the hotel was clean. There isn't any AC in many of the hotels in Montana unless they are in bigger cities, my grandma doesn't even have AC in her own Montana home. That wasn't a big deal for us. Very happy with our stay!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shawna B
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was an average place to stay, the room had a slight odor and the carpet well worn. My biggest problem with this place NO AIR CONDITIONING. It was 85 degrees the day of our stay and the room was even hotter when we checked. I am sure most of the time AC is not needed here, you are charged premium prices at this place. The whole purpose is $$$ no cost for ac units,
no cost for utilities to run them. If you stay check the temps before you go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donzo1997

Yes no hotels in town have AC as the temps drop to 40 at night. The kitchen area can be busy and we strive to keep up with customer demands.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

First, the accommodations were fine--clean and bare bones. Beds were comfortable and although there is no AC in the whole town of Cooke City, we didn't need it.

Breakfast was mostly cereal and the eating area stayed dirty. We ended up not eating here at all.

Regarding the front desk, the gentleman attending the desk was welcoming and talkative on the phone and in person. The woman, however, was rude and unhelpful. After we arrived I politely requested 2 extra pillows and the reply was "you have 6, isn't that enough?" Any further conversation I attempted to have was met with the same shortness. And make sure if you want a fridge, you specify that when making your reservation.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank BLMMacungie

At the Cooke city Super 8 we strive to meet all customers needs

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here as we left Yellowstone. We were told it's a resort town - because it's a great stopping point before Yellowstone. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. We had been traveling from Salt Lake to the Tetons and Yellowstone and this hotel had the best shower of all the places we stayed! Although there is no cell phone service in Cooke City, there was very good internet. Note: there is no elevator to the upper floors. The continental breakfast was basic (a waffle maker would have been nice). There also was no frig in the room but the manager said that all the rooms would be getting frigs in the near future. Manager recommended a great place for dinner, just down the street - Beartooth Café!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

#6 of 6 in Cooke City
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#1 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park

Been to Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area? Share your experiences!