“Good times with Great People!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Cooke City's Elk Horn Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cooke City
Ripley, West Virginia, United States
“Good times with Great People!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My Family and I enjoyed our stay at the Elkhorn Lodge. It was the best vacation we had ever taken, it was though time has stood still. The setting of the town and the way of life takes you back in time to a place that has long since past us by. It is a life style most people will never experience. The Bearclaw Bakery was incredible, you can't pass this up. Jeff and Lisa are very Knowledgeable about the must see sites in the area. If you are a Fly Fisherman like myself, Jeff can answer questions about the best places to fish. With the picturesque backdrops, sometimes I caught my self being distracted by the natural beauty of my surroundings. Either way it is a great experience!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim_WV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ridgeley, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Looking over my reviews, I can't believe I forgot to review the Elk Horn Lodge when we stayed there in May. We loved everything. From the room, to the hospitality, to the advice about Yellowstone. It's very clean and the owners do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant. The rates are reasonable and we just loved it all, including eating at the local saloon-style restaurant. We can't wait to go back to Cooke City and the Elk Horn Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wv_sc0tt
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Great location and reasonable rates. Not far from the northeast gate of Yellowstone. Cook City is a town with lots of charm and history. The Orlinger`s are wonder folks who run this establishment and they go that extra mile to make you feel comfortable. This town is still in the wilderness so don`t expect wifi or cell phone service. It is my nephew`s favorite hotel to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bagman78
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is an older property, but the owners have gone to great lengths to make this a really nice place. The bathrooms are small, it the bedroom was large with a recliner, small fridge. Beds were comfy, de or was great. Be sure to walk around Cooke City. It is a quaint mountain town. If you plan to stay in Cooke City, call first. There are only a few hotels and a few places to eat. New would stay at the Elkhorn again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Very quiet on the upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We spent the night here (based on reviews on this site). We had room #3 which was fine. No one used the hot tub so noise wasn't an issue. I lost $1 in the pay phone (still waiting for my refund from the phone company) but when I asked, the owner let me use their phone to call long distance, no charge. Lisa (the other owner, I think) was very friendly with suggestions for food and hiking locations, so many that we'll have to keep some for next time!

The room was smallish, but clean, though the carpet felt old. The couch was helpful for organizing our stuff for hiking. The beds were really nice! There was refrigerator and coffee machine and they found me lots of tea b/c I can't drink caffeinated coffee. We also appreciated the wi-fi which worked well enough for our needs. All in all, it's a great in and out hotel. You shouldn't be spending too much time inside anyway!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Smiledoctorsmile
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I spent two days at the Elkhorn Lodge in September, 2012. It is a great location if you need to get up early or stay out late in YNP looking for wildlife, particularly wolves and Lamar Valley. The owners do a very good job in making you feel welcome. Our room was on the second floor and was very nicely furnished, it had a microwave and a mini fridge it was a nice bonus. This is our third time staying at this Lodge and we highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the little cabin's of which there are two and in the two story building in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Great stay, sweet owners who do ALL the work. Beds you melt into...this is a roughneck cowboy/ snowmobile town and this place makes it feel like home. Coffee in rooms. Internet a bit slow but who cares in this beautiful place. Good dinner recommendation at Bistro. Thank you Lisa!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Cooke City's Elk Horn Lodge? Share your experiences!