“Pathetic... Owners not even trying!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Antlers Lodge Cooke City
Adelaide, Australia
“Pathetic... Owners not even trying!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

If we had read the reviews before arriving we wouldn't be here now. Also on motorbike and cold at the end of a day of touring and unfortunately picked this place. Been on the road 2 months now and have a huge overview of places to stay. That is over 40 places we have stayed. Three have been bad and this is one of them. There is a gas fake combustion heater in the room which of course was the first thing we wanted to turn on. No folder or information on property or area so go to the front desk and the guy comes for a look and can't get it working, and I hear him talk to the owner outside and she says 'you don't need it much warmer in there!' We are told there is a floor radiator in the bathroom but remember to turn it off as it gets so hot! Ok but not the same atmosphere.. Why arent we informed the centrepiece of the whole room doesn't operate when we book in? The curtains are light cotton and flimsy. Too bad if youd like to sleep past 7. There arent even hangers in the wardrobe alcove for coats etc. There is one tiny small rickety table on one side of one bed. Room could actually sleep 4 if required. Vanity in living area and tiny. No room there either! Not even tissues. Fridge hasnt been cleaned but there is a notice up threatening payment will be charged if any stains or damage is left. And I am still sitting in my bike jacket after half an hour, waiting for the place to heat up. The toilet is now starting to warm if I wish to sit in there. It may be warm later but I don't know that yet. There are no lamps just stark lighting given by globes hanging off a ceiling fan. Oh and a very old tiny TV. In comparison to our trip over many states including Canada and Alaska this is extremely poor value with no insight into caring for guests at all.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
seattle
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Okay, so don't be fooled by the low prices and 'rustic' cabin allure. Some of the cabins have been 'remodeled' to include decent showers, microwaves and satellite TV (who needs TV when you are supposedly enjoying the great outdoors?). They are okay, but the beds are hard. The un-remodeled cabins are terrible - they have been around for a LONG time and probably haven't been updated for about 50 years. Cabin 6 is indeed a nightmare, as noted by other reviewers. The shower stall was so disgusting, we didn't take a shower. Only one window in the sleeping room opened; the bathroom window sorta opened but was about to fall out. The door wouldn't open all the way because of the frayed carpet and slanted floors. Additionally, the owners don't seem overly interested in being Lodge owners. We felt like we were an imposition on them when checking in and if we had any other questions. The woman owner was quite high strung and was bothered by things that didn't go according to her plan. I would not recommend this property to anyone - if you are desperate and don't want to camp outside, perhaps you could set up your sleeping pad, etc. in one of these cabins as that might be more comfortable to sleep on. I don't think the owners are cut out to run a hotel/lodge property - they need to sell it to someone who will invest the time and resources into what could be a pretty cool location - all those old cabins have history and could be updated yet hold some of the rustic mystique of the mountains.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cate w
Orting, Washington, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My four kids and I enjoy tent camping, but with Grizzly sightings in the area we were forced to find a place to stay....I thought a cabin would be fun. I think I paid $86 for the night, and as soon as I opened the door to cabin 6, I thought I should ask for my money back and we'd sleep in the car! The carpet was so frayed under the door, there was no carpet left! Smelled like heavy perfume to mask an old musty cigarette smell. After a 90 degree day the room was close to that hot! Only two opening windows that were too small to let any cooler air in. We would not even step foot in the shower. The floor of the shower looked dirty and disintegrating, with an old bottle of shampoo still left in it.The floor is noticeably unlevel. The bedspread had two tears in it which resembled knife slices....the front door actually let light in where the door should be solid! We did stay the night, simply because we were very tired, and after sweating myself to sleep, slept fairly well. The kids actually slept pretty well also.....But that is the only positive of our stay. We were happy to leave!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a look at the cabins before you pay....you MAY change your mind.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex A
Belton, Missouri
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I had a very unpleasant experience at antlers lodge. Do let the pictures fool you the place looks nothing like the pictures that are shown on this page, Not only were Kay and Bill very rude, the place was filthy. We were very exited to stay in a cabin on our vacation. Cabin number 11 was filthy, carpet was stained and the entire place was nasty. Kay and Bill told us we could stay in one of the newer rooms but after being told that I had a severe reaction to Lysol and please not to spray it in our room Kay did spray it very heavily, including my luggage and all my clothing, I ended our vacation 2 days early and had to check into the hospital with a severe asthma attack. I spoke with Bill prior to our leaving the hotel and was told by him that he would return our money for the nights we were unable to stay. However we never received a dime. I believe Kay and Bill are very stressed for money and they were both very rude and unpleasant. The rooms inside were dirty and the outside was terrible. I would NOT recommend staying here

Room Tip: stay in silvergate
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank woolflp
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Cooke City in the past but this trip everything was booked except antlers lodge. This place is the worst place I have ever stayed. The floors in our cabin #11 were so unlevel the head of the bed is going down hill. The guy at the front desk was beyond rude and the price of 120 was a hold up. We were at there mercy since we were on our motorcycle and it was storming and everything else was booked. This place is horrible.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Harleyguy54
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We read bad reviews on the lodge and we were very reluctant to make a reservation. No other place - so reserved it any way - over phone - Bill is the owner - Talked to him directly for the reservation.

We arrived in Cooke City on the night of June 29. God save us!!! Before we arrived we called Bill to let him know that we will be late. He assured us not to worry - He did put us on Cabin#7 - the cabin will be kept open for us. When we arrived at 9:30 PM, there was well written (cordial) note on the door of the main office directing us where our cabin is located (behind cabins 3 and 4). The cabin was an elegant one. Two storied (sort of) with 3 queen beds. The kitchenette was very thoughtfully organized. Salt, pepper, dishwashing detergent. Oh! disposable plates too (in addition to China and cooking utensils). Towels and soaps in the bath. Clean, clean, supper clean. Room service was excellent - Thank you young ladies. There was a minor problem with the bedroom lights (- fixed in no time once we told Bill the next day). We felt as if we some relatives of Bill and family.

I will stay every time I go to Yellowstone. Ideally located on the North-east side of Yellowstone. ~5 miles from the gate.

Thanks, Bill, please keep up the healthy tradition. I am recommending the lodge to others already.

Again, it was such a pleasant stay. 5-star treatment by Bill and company.

Room Tip: Talk to Bill over phone - call the directly.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Cooke City, Montana is a fun place to stop for the night on your way out of Yellowstone. The Antler's Lodge has some newer rooms and some older cabins. The actual main lodge is interesting with fireplaces and mounts on the wall. This place is not fancy but very clean and the beds are comfortable, although i think they need new pillows. The staff was extremely friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them about the area. Pride in ownership shows with this lodge. It is obviously well taken care of, with renovated rooms and beautiful flowers decorating the grounds. A great place to lay your head for the night, with the potential for a good nights sleep as it is very quiet. Don't go expecting the Four Seasons and you will be very happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room, or for a more rustic experience choose an older cabin.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Antlers Lodge Cooke City? Share your experiences!