“Love going back each time.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Antlers Lodge Cooke City
Minot, ND
“Love going back each time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stay here each time we go to Cooke City to Snowmobile. Bill and Kay have always been great to me and all the other members of our group we go with, even before we became regulars there. I've never been to Cooke City in the summer but I've heard how different that crowd is from the winter crowd of snowmobilers and backcountry skiers. Must be a big difference as everyone that I've ever talked to there or has stayed there has very much enjoyed it.

When we go, typically it is a large bunch of guys going to enjoy the snow and ride snowmobile. We go out there not expecting the W Hotel, but have always been had clean rooms and cabins and have been made to feel welcome (this also might be due to the fact that we are excited to be there, treat everyone with respect and not like they are our servants and say please and thank you). I've stayed in several of the cabins and the newer hotel style rooms. The kitchens aren't the best, but we don't cook too much as there are great places that are very reasonable in Cooke City.

The food is great too. We switch between breakfast at Antler's and Bearclaw Bob's each day, both have great breakfasts. Antler's also has good burgers, pulled pork, philly cheese sandwiches, and pizza.

The location is perfect for snowmobiling. There is a very limited amount of parking spots in Cooke City if you are pulling your trailer in, and we can always find someplace to park our truck and trailer. Sometimes you'll have to ask others to slide their rigs over but everyone is usually pretty happy and if you're not asking for something ridiculous people will help you out. You are also 15 seconds away from being out of town on the trails.

Very pet friendly place also. Antler's Lodge itself has two St. Bernards that are around and very friendly.

Room Tip: If you aren't going to cook and aren't worried about getting a bed to yourself, I would prob...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I gave this one 2 stars because I saw how hard the owners/managers worked to make a living, but would never go back again. We had a "cabin with a kitchen" that was straight out of 1952. The floors were sloped, the kitchen was ancient and not appointed with much of anything, and there was even plastic covering the back door so the breeze wouldn't blow in. If you drink a lot, don't mind sleeping at an angle, don't want to cook in the kitchen or lock the door to the bathroom, this place might be for you. Otherwise, try somewhere else...

Oh, the restaurant wasn't bad, but plan on getting your wine from a box.

Room Tip: Go to Super 8 next door?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dukester
Monticello, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Our room #18 was a great size for my husband and I. Nice tv. Cozy beds. Just needs some more decoration in the rooms for a more cozy vibe. No tub just a shower which is fine with us. Just a walk a way from the restaurants and stores. The walls are about as thin as a notebook.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Faron J
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

If we had read the reviews before arriving we wouldn't be here now. Also on motorbike and cold at the end of a day of touring and unfortunately picked this place. Been on the road 2 months now and have a huge overview of places to stay. That is over 40 places we have stayed. Three have been bad and this is one of them. There is a gas fake combustion heater in the room which of course was the first thing we wanted to turn on. No folder or information on property or area so go to the front desk and the guy comes for a look and can't get it working, and I hear him talk to the owner outside and she says 'you don't need it much warmer in there!' We are told there is a floor radiator in the bathroom but remember to turn it off as it gets so hot! Ok but not the same atmosphere.. Why arent we informed the centrepiece of the whole room doesn't operate when we book in? The curtains are light cotton and flimsy. Too bad if youd like to sleep past 7. There arent even hangers in the wardrobe alcove for coats etc. There is one tiny small rickety table on one side of one bed. Room could actually sleep 4 if required. Vanity in living area and tiny. No room there either! Not even tissues. Fridge hasnt been cleaned but there is a notice up threatening payment will be charged if any stains or damage is left. And I am still sitting in my bike jacket after half an hour, waiting for the place to heat up. The toilet is now starting to warm if I wish to sit in there. It may be warm later but I don't know that yet. There are no lamps just stark lighting given by globes hanging off a ceiling fan. Oh and a very old tiny TV. In comparison to our trip over many states including Canada and Alaska this is extremely poor value with no insight into caring for guests at all.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Okay, so don't be fooled by the low prices and 'rustic' cabin allure. Some of the cabins have been 'remodeled' to include decent showers, microwaves and satellite TV (who needs TV when you are supposedly enjoying the great outdoors?). They are okay, but the beds are hard. The un-remodeled cabins are terrible - they have been around for a LONG time and probably haven't been updated for about 50 years. Cabin 6 is indeed a nightmare, as noted by other reviewers. The shower stall was so disgusting, we didn't take a shower. Only one window in the sleeping room opened; the bathroom window sorta opened but was about to fall out. The door wouldn't open all the way because of the frayed carpet and slanted floors. Additionally, the owners don't seem overly interested in being Lodge owners. We felt like we were an imposition on them when checking in and if we had any other questions. The woman owner was quite high strung and was bothered by things that didn't go according to her plan. I would not recommend this property to anyone - if you are desperate and don't want to camp outside, perhaps you could set up your sleeping pad, etc. in one of these cabins as that might be more comfortable to sleep on. I don't think the owners are cut out to run a hotel/lodge property - they need to sell it to someone who will invest the time and resources into what could be a pretty cool location - all those old cabins have history and could be updated yet hold some of the rustic mystique of the mountains.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cate w
Orting, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My four kids and I enjoy tent camping, but with Grizzly sightings in the area we were forced to find a place to stay....I thought a cabin would be fun. I think I paid $86 for the night, and as soon as I opened the door to cabin 6, I thought I should ask for my money back and we'd sleep in the car! The carpet was so frayed under the door, there was no carpet left! Smelled like heavy perfume to mask an old musty cigarette smell. After a 90 degree day the room was close to that hot! Only two opening windows that were too small to let any cooler air in. We would not even step foot in the shower. The floor of the shower looked dirty and disintegrating, with an old bottle of shampoo still left in it.The floor is noticeably unlevel. The bedspread had two tears in it which resembled knife slices....the front door actually let light in where the door should be solid! We did stay the night, simply because we were very tired, and after sweating myself to sleep, slept fairly well. The kids actually slept pretty well also.....But that is the only positive of our stay. We were happy to leave!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a look at the cabins before you pay....you MAY change your mind.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex A
Belton, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I had a very unpleasant experience at antlers lodge. Do let the pictures fool you the place looks nothing like the pictures that are shown on this page, Not only were Kay and Bill very rude, the place was filthy. We were very exited to stay in a cabin on our vacation. Cabin number 11 was filthy, carpet was stained and the entire place was nasty. Kay and Bill told us we could stay in one of the newer rooms but after being told that I had a severe reaction to Lysol and please not to spray it in our room Kay did spray it very heavily, including my luggage and all my clothing, I ended our vacation 2 days early and had to check into the hospital with a severe asthma attack. I spoke with Bill prior to our leaving the hotel and was told by him that he would return our money for the nights we were unable to stay. However we never received a dime. I believe Kay and Bill are very stressed for money and they were both very rude and unpleasant. The rooms inside were dirty and the outside was terrible. I would NOT recommend staying here

Room Tip: stay in silvergate
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Antlers Lodge Cooke City? Share your experiences!