We booked to stay here on fairly short notice in order to visit Yellowstone, and all the more mainstream places were full. The booking process was easy, their website helpful, and even though we arrived after they'd closed, they had left our cabin open for us, and a note at the gas station/ store. The kitchen which was an addtional fee to rent was very useful, as we had brought refrigerated items with us. The bathroom was clean and functional. The only very minor complaints might be that no shampoo/conditioner was provided, the towels and linens were more like the ones at a relative's house rather than in a motel, and the carpet could have used a bit sprucing.
The location was fairly quiet, and seems much more low key than the West Yellowstone entrance. This side of the park had less geothermal features, but also about 1000 times fewer people, and virtually none of the obese type who would drive all the way to Yellowstone and barely get out of their massive vans/SUVs, except to make the strenous walk to get ice cream.
This side of Yellowstone was beautiful, and had plenty of wildlife viewing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two (2) cozy, clean & comfortable single room luxury log cabin rentals available. NEWLY renovated Fall 2006. Each with (2) queen size beds (pillow top mattresses), propane heat, 19" color TV's with DishNetwork satellite(180+ channels including locals). Each cabin has it's own newly remodeled full private bathroom with full size tub/shower, toilet and sink. Cabins have that old west rustic charm, but are very modernized when it comes to amenities and comfort. Amenities include comfortable pillow top mattresses, soft Egyptian cotton towels. You'll feel like royalty when you stay with us. Both cabins are Non-Smoking and No Pets allowed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cooke City Sinclair & Cabins Hotel Cooke City
- Cooke City Sinclair And Cabins
- Cooke City Sinclair & Cabins Montana