“A Gem of a place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coram
Louisville, Kentucky
“A Gem of a place”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This motel is great place to stay when visiting Glacier national park. It reminds me of a 50's roadside motel that has been totally remodeled. Owners very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very rustic and clean. Very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very clean and cozy and very close to west entrance of Glacier Park. I was traveling alone with my daughter and felt very safe there. Great diner across the street open for breakfast, lunch and dinner or you can travel to surrounding towns for more dining options. If your looking for luxury this is not the place but if you want a very clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced place to stay this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Judy9231966
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I had been tent camping in Glacier for several days . The rain came one day and we thought it would be fun to stay in a motel with a bathtub. We drove by the Evergreen and thought...this looks cute. Went in and asked if they had a room with a tub. She said yes, so I paid in cash and we drove over to the unit. We went in and ...no tub. We went back and told the lady and she said we have some new units up the hill. You can have one of those rooms for the same price.($85.00, I think) I said fine and we drove up the hill. We walked in to a mamouth room with a huge kitchen with an island.(wonderful supplies). Very comfortable bed and flat screen tv, wonderful decor and the bathroom and tub were simply awesome. These over "70 "campers were certainly excited to see our "la tee dah" room. We hope you choose this motel when you are roaming around the Glacier Park area. Happy travels!! It was so generous of the lady in charge to let us have such a fancy room for the same price , with no hassle. She was darling and so was her cute, young daughter!!

Room Tip: Very fancy rooms in their new units "up the hill" Totally furnished kitchens! Close to Gl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thelots
colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a reservation for two nights but could only stay one because of my family needing some assistance. I arrived at 8:30 and the owner was so accomodating about the extra night that I had to cancel. The room was so comfortable and cozy and had everything anyone would want. This is such a well kept secret I hope not too many people discover it! The bed was firm and the pillows were just like mine at home! The TV was huge and the bath towels were awesome! The room was just the right size and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Wish I could have taken advantage of the restaurants across the street but it was just too late.

Room Tip: I was in room 6 on the end and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
BTM
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was debating as to whether I wanted to share this motel with others. If it becomes too popular, we won't be able to get a reservation there!
Clean, updated, well maintained, friendly folks, etc.
We are kind of basic folks who rate a motel based upon comfortable beds, cleanliness and working equipment at a good value. The Evergreen Motel exceeds those requirements.
Stayed one night with friends who were in the next unit.
We were concerned about the noise from the mainline railroad line which shares this narrow valley with the highway, but for some magical reason, the train whistles and noise become muted and distant at the motel location.
Highly recommended! (But please leave us at least one room open for us to return!)

Room Tip: Rooms 7 & 8 were great for us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcsdpo
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This motel is clean and biker friendly! Just down the road from Glacier National Park it is a good choice to stay at. Stayed two nights and had a great time sitting outside with other bikers that had also stopped there. It is not a new motel but updates have been made. I was very comfortable there and the price is fair. I will definitely stop there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey F
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We visit Glacier area every other year or so. I have noticed the Evergreen each time we pass through and we finally stopped. Luckily they had a room available! Charming, clean, quite,comfortable and a meticulous operation! Mike gave a us a brief tour of the grounds and we were able to see his new cabins as well as peek at a couple of other older yet very clean & quaint cabins! Nice little porches with chairs were attached to each and motel rooms had nice cozy sitting areas too.They take pride in this place inside and out! Flowers, mowed lawn (even behind our unit)! Nice outside/large lawn area to sit and enjoy with chairs and fire pit, BBQ's if your inclined and beautiful hanging flower baskets! The office is even inviting and speaks "Welcome" when you arrive! We felt we had privacy as well due to the layout of cabins/yard as it sits back a little off the road. Noise was not a problem even though when we arrived we heard the train behind the wooded area. Slept very comfortable on crisp sheets and noticed they use quality towels (heavy and soft). The options are awesome depending on your needs...large group or one person! They have more that can not be seen from the road so make sure you ask! Where else can you find your own quarters with 3 bedrooms and private setting without breaking the bank! We're going to stay here every time from now own! A plus was we were on motorcycles and once parked we only had to walk across the street for dinner and drinks. Family grill with great food/pizza so kids are welcome too! I loved the feel of yesteryear at this place! Thinking...family reunion!!! This is just a short jaunt from entrance to West Glacier...when you pass thru Hungry Horse keep going!!! Already planning a return!!! Thanks Mike and family!

Room Tip: Updating and remodeling seem to be in progress and being done very well! We stayed in an older motel...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhondaryjett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coram
Glacier Guides Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hungry Horse
Meadow Lake Resort
Meadow Lake Resort
#1 of 4 in Columbia Falls

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!