“Diamond in the Rough”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coram
North Platte, Nebraska, United States
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Close the Glacier National Park entrance. Owners are extremely friendly and accommodating. We had a one need cabin to the very back if the property. After 6 nights in hotels, it is the most comfortable bed we've been in. Would recommend to all. Will stay here again on the next trip to Glacier Park!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Arizona
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My friend and I recently visited Glacier National Park and stayed at the Evergreen. Our room was warm and cozy, which was good because we happened to be visiting when a storm front was sitting over the park! The WiFi worked well, and when it didn't, the owner helped me fix it. The location is perfect. The staff is friendly and helpful. Beautiful location. I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank teameck1
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This motel is great place to stay when visiting Glacier national park. It reminds me of a 50's roadside motel that has been totally remodeled. Owners very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very rustic and clean. Very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very clean and cozy and very close to west entrance of Glacier Park. I was traveling alone with my daughter and felt very safe there. Great diner across the street open for breakfast, lunch and dinner or you can travel to surrounding towns for more dining options. If your looking for luxury this is not the place but if you want a very clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced place to stay this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Judy9231966
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I had been tent camping in Glacier for several days . The rain came one day and we thought it would be fun to stay in a motel with a bathtub. We drove by the Evergreen and thought...this looks cute. Went in and asked if they had a room with a tub. She said yes, so I paid in cash and we drove over to the unit. We went in and ...no tub. We went back and told the lady and she said we have some new units up the hill. You can have one of those rooms for the same price.($85.00, I think) I said fine and we drove up the hill. We walked in to a mamouth room with a huge kitchen with an island.(wonderful supplies). Very comfortable bed and flat screen tv, wonderful decor and the bathroom and tub were simply awesome. These over "70 "campers were certainly excited to see our "la tee dah" room. We hope you choose this motel when you are roaming around the Glacier Park area. Happy travels!! It was so generous of the lady in charge to let us have such a fancy room for the same price , with no hassle. She was darling and so was her cute, young daughter!!

Room Tip: Very fancy rooms in their new units "up the hill" Totally furnished kitchens! Close to Gl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thelots
colorado
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a reservation for two nights but could only stay one because of my family needing some assistance. I arrived at 8:30 and the owner was so accomodating about the extra night that I had to cancel. The room was so comfortable and cozy and had everything anyone would want. This is such a well kept secret I hope not too many people discover it! The bed was firm and the pillows were just like mine at home! The TV was huge and the bath towels were awesome! The room was just the right size and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Wish I could have taken advantage of the restaurants across the street but it was just too late.

Room Tip: I was in room 6 on the end and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
BTM
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was debating as to whether I wanted to share this motel with others. If it becomes too popular, we won't be able to get a reservation there!
Clean, updated, well maintained, friendly folks, etc.
We are kind of basic folks who rate a motel based upon comfortable beds, cleanliness and working equipment at a good value. The Evergreen Motel exceeds those requirements.
Stayed one night with friends who were in the next unit.
We were concerned about the noise from the mainline railroad line which shares this narrow valley with the highway, but for some magical reason, the train whistles and noise become muted and distant at the motel location.
Highly recommended! (But please leave us at least one room open for us to return!)

Room Tip: Rooms 7 & 8 were great for us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcsdpo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coram
Belton Chalet
Meadow Lake Resort
Meadow Lake Resort
#1 of 4 in Columbia Falls
Glacier Under Canvas

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!