“Fantastic Find”
Review of Evergreen Motel

Evergreen Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coram
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We started planning rather late for a short trip to Glacier and was thrilled to find this reasonably priced cottage. The Evergreen is less than 10 minutes from the West Glacier park entrance. The room was pristine, the bed comfortable, and the owners were very helpful in helping us find a place to stay on our way home. The only negative might be the proximity of a train track behind the cabins, but we did not hear them past 10 PM. The room had a microwave, fridge, toaster and coffee maker which made it easy to fix a simple breakfast before venturing into the park. Also a grill was available and a firepit in the back of the property for guests to use. We would definitely stay here again, and I've already recommended it to friends who are planning a trip to Glacier. Yes, they do have a stringent cancellation policy, but I was told about it when I called to make a reservation. Compared to all the other places I checked, this was the most reasonably priced anywhere around Glacier NP. Nice woodsy decor.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the recently remodeled cabins and one further from Rt 2 might have less tr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed in cabin #4 for three nights during our Glacier trip and absolutely loved it. The cabin gives you room to spread out during an extended stay, the A/C was greatly appreciated, and the kitchenette and BBQ grill on our little patio helped us save some money during our stay. (Nearest grocery store is a couple miles further west in Hungry Horse.) You are only about seven miles from the Apgar entrance to Glacier, so it is a quick and easy drive. Everything was very clean, seemed to have been recently updated, and had a nice cute vacation cabin décor. Some of the TV channels had sketchy reception, otherwise everything was perfect and the Wi-Fi was great. There is a little fire pit in the rear of the property for guests to gather and make s'mores, etc. The price was very reasonable for all that you get, and the cabins are great for traveling families that want to save on lodging and reduce their food bill by cooking. You might get spooked by the proximity to Hwy 2, but we never heard the road traffic. It is on a little rise, which might help.

One note - the reservation process was a little quirky. You have to call, and then there's no email confirmation. The owner/operator did snap a picture of my receipt and text it to me. They couldn't have been nicer people - they put up with us locking ourselves out once, and offered suggestions about Glacier hikes and where to shop, eat, get gas, etc.

There are also motel type units here, but I don't know what they are like.

Room Tip: Cabin #4 is in the back row, but honestly we never heard the traffic on the road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would like to warn people who travel to be sure to check the cancellation policy carefully. This motel takes money up front as soon as you make your reservation and they will not give it back to you under any circumstances. I was scheduled to stay at this motel. I called them the very same day I ended up in the emergency room of the hospital with a broken leg to cancel my stay there. That was a week's notice. As soon as I got home, I wrote to them and begged to have my money back because of mounting medical bills, and they have not even bothered to respond to my letter nearly a month later. I will not consider staying at this place again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed in two other places on the east side of Glacier National park. This motel was by far our best accommodation. I was unsure of my choice until we arrived to friendly service, a cozy, clean and air conditioned cabin. The shower was wonderful after a day of traveling and hiking on our way from East Glacier. Our children were very happy to have their own beds. The cabin had a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. At dinner time, we asked for recommendations for dining and the motel manager gave us several recommendations along with copies of the menus. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone planning on visiting West Glacier National Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank julie b
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a great motel/cabin. It is 7 miles from the west enterance of Glacier Park. When I first drove up, I was a little concerned. But the inside of our cabin is sooooooo clean and had a tub /shower. The wash cloths and towels are thick and soft and bed is comfortable. The window air conditioner is a little loud but you get use to it. I'm just glad to have an air conditioner. Decorated with cabin decor and cute bedding. We even had a normal size coffe pot and coffee, flat screen tv, a 3 ft tall refrigerator, and microwave. You cannt best this place for the price

Room Tip: We had a cabin in the back so we heard no highway noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lewisj03
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had never traveled to Glacier National Park and was looking for some place on a budget as we were newlyweds on our honeymoon and don't have a lot of expendable cash. This place was well worth the money! The kitchenette was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely come back again and stay longer!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Evergreen Motel for the first time and were very pleased. It was only 7 miles from the entrance to Glacier Nat. Park. Also had a great pizza place across the street. The owners were very helpful and our "cabin" was great for our family of four. The queen beds were comfortable and we had a full kitchen too. Overall we would definitely stay there again. The only bummer was their internet. We were up the hill from the office in the newer addition and the wi-fi was basically no good. We had to walk down close to the office to get it strong enough to get online. They said they have been working on it and apologized.

Room Tip: If you have a family of four and want to do your own breakfast or cooking, ask for the room up the h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coram
Glacier Guides Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hungry Horse
Glacier Travel Inn
Glacier Travel Inn
#4 of 5 in Columbia Falls

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!