Triple Creek Ranch
US$58
US$83
US$81
The Broadway Hotel(Philipsburg)
All reviewscattle drivefly fishinghorseback ridingchef's tablehot tubnature safarithe main lodgetrap shootingwelcome drinktrail mixactivity centerdog sleddingevery requestpre arrivalnez percerooftop barspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I visited Triple Creek Ranch with a group. Food was outstanding, service was even better than the food if that's possible. We stayed in "Sapphire" which overlooked a creek and had 2 separate living quarters. I can't say one negative thing about this place. The question isn't whether or not I'll go back, it's how soon can I make the trip and how soon can I start planning ANOTHER trip after that. Truly a world class oasis.

Room Tip: Our cabin Sapphire was great for folks needing 2 separate living areas.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BriSanVan
Reviewed 22 March 2012

If you are browsing the internet for information in regards to Triple Creek Ranch in Darby, MT, well, let me just say that everything great you read below is only the tip of the iceberg! I am an avid traveler, and have always dreamt of someday opening my own establishment, and if i combined all those thoughts, daydreams, and opinions, my conclusion would be that for absolute perfection, triple creek ranch is the perfect model!
My fiance and I were looking to get away for a long weekend in celebration of her new business venture, and through my own research, i stumbled upon triple creek ranch, and wow, am i glad i did!
To begin, I was on business overseas at time of booking, so almost all correspondence was done via email, and the staff at TCR was absolutely accommodating in every way, and understanding of the situation! This attention to detail I later found set the tone to the entire trip!
We arrived at Missoula Airport, to a light dusting of rain/snow, and were escorted to a warm toasty awaiting luxury minivan for our trip from missoula to TCR. Once onboard, we were met with waiting soft drinks, and some of the infamous cookies you will find throughout TCR.
The ride to TCR was a beautiful transition from mountain valley meadows, culminating in a snow covered ride to the resort lodge, where we were met at the front desk by more of the same friendly, service orientated staff as we got checked in. This was quick and painless process, and we were escorted upstairs to the beautifully appointed bar/lounge area of the lodge, offered drinks, and then my fiance and i dipped our toes into the waters of triple creek culinary heaven- Chili for her, and a bowl of clam chowder and a sandwich for myself, all of which were not only delicious, but served and presented in typical TCR fashion...
We took advantage of the lounge, our heads spinning in ecstacy at our surroundings, while our transport driver from the airport placed our baggage in our cabin.
Our cabin- wow! We rented one of the luxury cabins, rocky knob, or as i called it throughout the trip, knob creek, and it was spectacular- it is not a 5 star ritz carlton hotel room, but it IS an awesome, cozy, comfy area that is conducive to romance, comfort, relaxation, and warmth! From the fireplace standing ready made, requiring only a flick of the match on your behalf, to the gorgeous log bed filled with pillows, down bedding, etc., on to the double steam shower, his and hers bathroom vanities and areas, and of course the private hot tub awaiting you on your deck! Just incredible, even more amazing is the level of service you receive in these rooms! Certainly they keep track of your movement around the resort grounds, because you leave, and you arrive back to find your cabin cleaned, straightened, and whatever items you may have used, or requested- I.E.- coffee-wines-drinks-cookies, replaced, and then you leave again for dinner, and arrive back to find your bed turned down, mints awaiting at your pillow, it is truly the epitome of service, and you never see these unsung heroes of service!
Speaking of request- we are relatively easy to please, but after reading about their dvd library I asked if they had my fiances favorite movie available via email, the reply- simple- "we have ordered it, and it will be in your room"-- and it was! simple yes, but meaningful? absolutely, no "we can get it, if you really want" or "sure we will get it and then charge you for it", nope... just done... I know its a little thing, but it is the service that echoes throughout every facet fo TCR.
Food- ok, as you have seen already the simple lunch/snack menu was our first taste of TCR, and it was amazing, and we were not let down at supper either. I have to say though, despite the fact i deem myself an amateur foodie, and my fiance is almost always faithfully in tow for these adventures, we did not benefit so much from the dinners at TCR, chalk it up to simple upbringings, or whatever you will, but the dinners were a bit out of our culinary league so to speak, and after a long day of activities, I found mysefl longing for a hearty burger, or a sizzling montana beef steak. Nonetheless, I cannot in any way fault TCR for this. Breakfast on the other hand, was amazing, we chose to have it in our room, and it arrived both mornings piping hot, and with every item you would need, which we gladly devoured in our plush robes in front of the fireplace.
Activities- given our short stay, we wanted to get some excitement and exploration in so we planned a morning horseback ride, which proved to be wonderful, and a great experiences, but the pinnacle was our dogsledding outing with Jesse, wow! I could write for days on just this experience, but i could never do it justice, so I will just say this- if you go when this is an option, and you choose one activity- this is the one!!! If you go when it is not available- book a trip back when it is before you leave! Awesome animals, awesome guide, awesome country! DO THIS!!!!
Departure was sad.... you will not want to leave this place, even if we had stayed a week, it would have been just as sad to depart, maybe even worse! An early wakeup, mimosas in our hotub as the sun rose, and a hearty warm breakfast however eased the pain!
The service on departure was equally as amazing as arrival, and upon our return home, we found a handwritten postcard, proving that TCR service never truly ends!
One note- we met another guest during check in, and he asked if this was our first time at TCR- our reply was yes, and he simply shook his head and said "you should have never come"-- he may have been right, because despite the fact that TCR is certainly on the high end of our vacation budget, we will without a doubt be back, many, many times! It is truly that amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Gibson C
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here July 2011. The service is fabulous and the food is AMAZING. I felt like I was on Top Chef with all the great food. Unfortunately, the rest of the resort was not my favorite. Consider the high alcolades Triple Creek gets, I would think the cabins would've been nicer. They are nicely decorated, but not upscale luxury...the bathroom was rather rustic and the AC units were built into the wall (similar to a window unit). If you're an early riser than this isn't an issue, but for those like me that like to sleep in, the sky window in the cabin was not welcomed! Unfortunately there was no shade to pull down on it. The trail riding was not my favorite as it was all in the trees with no views. You can pay extra to ride on their other property but we aren't that big of riders. I was a little disappointed that they kept pushing the float river raft tour even though the river was clearly rough and wild. We kept asking them about that but they kept saying it was fine. Finally we ask one of the fishing guides and he said it would not be a nice float trip! As the river was so rough (due to the melting snow) catching fish was not happening, yet they kept signing people up for the fishing. That bothered me. We also signed up for the Nature Tour which is a drive through the owner's other property. I feel bad to say this, but we could've done a better job on the nature guiding than our actual guide. I would not recommend it. The nicest touches I thought were a fully stacked bar that was at no charge and they refill every day (we don't drink but still that was nice), the homemade granola in the room every day, the stocked library of books and dvds and the fact that they packed up a morning breakfast for our ride back to the airport. Nice getaway place with AMAZING food, but just know you're in the woods so you don't have gorgeous amazing views.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 25 February 2012

A truly memorable hotel. It is expensive but you really do get what you've paid for. The rooms (lodges) are fabulous. The food and wine wonderful. Service impeccable. The facilities outstanding. As it is an all-inclusive resort almost everything is included. The only problem for me is that it is not easy to get there from the UK but I really do hope to return there one day. Without doubt my all-time favourite hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TerenceS
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We’ve been to Triple Creek Ranch in the early Fall season and it was everything we could want in a resort, but now we’ve seen what they do for the wintertime and it was truly fantastic.

We are still amazed not only at the natural beauty of the property, but the quality of the lodge and cabins. Everyone there is as helpful as can be and that includes not only the management and the front desk, but the activities, wait staff, and kitchen personnel as well. One of the reasons we feel at home when we go there is because they address you by name and after a short time, you do the same back- it feels like family very quickly.

As far as what they did that helped make our winter enjoyable: We dogsledded with a 10 time finisher of the Iditarod Race as our instructor and guide. Most of the dogs had participated in the Iditarod before which made it like a fantasy baseball camp - only for dogsledding. Then we took a short ride to Chief Joseph Ski area for some Cross Country skiing on the Continental Divide. The next day we skiijored (skiing behind a horse) on the property. We also enjoyed taking a nature spotting ride with the Manager of the resort. We saw eagles (golden & bald), hawks (rough legged & red tailed), mule deer, white-tailed deer, 3 different herds of elk, and a bobcat. Sitting in front of a roaring fire after these activities was a great activity in itself.

We are confident of having a great experience there in any season, but we’ll surely be back next winter.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple