Triple Creek Ranch
US$108
US$125
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewscattle drivefly fishinghorseback ridingchef's tablehot tubnature safarithe main lodgetrap shootingwelcome drinktrail mixactivity centerdog sleddingevery requestpre arrivalnez percerooftop barspecial thanks
Reviewed 2 January 2014

While everything here is 5 stars (the scenery, the food, the activities) what really makes this place special is it's service. My husband and I have stayed at multiple 5 star hotels across the world and not a single one has ever had service that came even close to this, and it began the moment I first called them to book. This trip was a surprise Christmas present for my husband and they did everything they could to help me keep it a surprise and even assisted in the surprise part! I'm pretty sure they stalk all of their guests on the internet before they come or something because I swear it felt like they were lifelong friends. One day at lunch I was talking to my husband about how much I liked the local cherry beer and when we returned to our cabin, the whole fridge was full of at least 20 cherry beers.

Do the cattle drive. It's so worth it. I've never seen my husband look more excited. I was slightly alarmed because we went on our cattle drive with the owners sister and she mentioned that my husband reminded her a lot of her brother!!! It is also very safe. They do a phenomenal job of matching you up with a horse that fits your experience level. I.e. my husband had never been on a horse when we stepped foot on the ranch and was riding look a pro the day of the cattle drive.

You will gain a pound for every day you stay here. Just accept it. You can't wander out of the lodge or your cabin without them giving you a cooler full of drinks and snacks. The managers have great hiking suggestions.

Also they set us up with a white water rafting trip down the Salmon River. Do it. I don't remember the name of the company but they have a long standing relationship with TCR and are a family run operation and were PHENOMENAL. The next time we come back to TCR we will do the overnight rafting trip.

I have never seen my husband so happy, and that is all due to TCR and it's amazing staff. We can't wait to experience TCR in the winter!

Room Tip: Go for the chipmunk cabin. I feel like the website discourages this cabin because they say you need a car (it's only a 2 second drive to get to the main lodge--if there are no elk barricading the road--but they don't recommend that you walk it at night). I rented a car at the Missoula airport for a total of $70 for our entire stay (6 days). We needed the car for our white water rafting trip and because of that we could get this cabin. The cabin is so secluded and private that you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. The private hot tub on the deck is unparalleled with it's views of the night sky that gives Montana it's nickname of big sky country and again because of the privacy of this cabin it feels very secluded and romantic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Unique experience. Very upscale, private, fun. Lots of activities to do, or just enjoy the pines. Best accommodations ever. Outstanding food. Outstanding staff, very attentive to all of our needs. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Lookout for a couple. Best steam shower
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of the best in the country. Food, service just the best. Owners are great. Friendly down to earth. All employees were great. Lots of fun things to do. Cattle driving,trail rides, fishing,fishing lessons,trail rides.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erv L
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were at TCR for one week last month...our second time (see review from last year) and we wern't let down. If anything, the service and food were better. Last year there were numerous fires in MT and ID, so the air quality was very poor...not so this year. The air was crystal clear and maybe this had something to do with our experience but everything did seem better. The staff were very welcoming. The dining room seemed to operate at a higher standard. The buildings are maintained to perfection. We fished, did archery, skeet shooting, got massages, hiked and just relaxed. We didn't do the cattle roundup this year and that was fine with me!
One other thing, the American art collection is wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jwchait
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our stay at Triple Creek Ranch was the best vacation we have had for a long time. We loved our cabin with a wood-burning fireplace and private hot tub. The food is excellent. We particularly liked the no children policy, which meant that eveyone was relaxed. The cattle drive was the highlight of our trip. We would love to return. this place is expensive and worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple