“Best Vacation”
Review of Triple Creek Ranch

Triple Creek Ranch
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went the first week of April. The weather was all 4 seasons which made it interesting. The service is nothing short of amazing. There is nothing that isn't addressed. We sat at the bar and had a drink and asked for a snack. The bartender came back with 3 cheeses, crackers, fruit spread and grapes. We had a chef's dinner in the kitchen that was fabulous. They take pictures of you doing all the activities and leave them in your room. We went skiing, horseback riding, fly fishing, sapphire panning,archery, photo safari, bird watching,and hiking to name a few. The hot tub on the deck was a great way to relax at the end of a busy day. The food was delicious. The cabins were beautifully done. Fabulous bathroom!
I would highly recommend Triple Creek Ranch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Titusmom-15

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited the ranch in April and spent six great days there. The food and drink served is of the highest standard, the actives are interesting, engaging and fun; the ranch itself is truly magnificent. During our stay there was a Cookery School - so we learned how to make pasta, tasty sauces, cheesecake and ice cream too. The horse rides were great, especially the lunchtime picnic trip. All these lovely memories will stay with us for a very long time. thanks team, you did a great job.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We live in Florida. We were invited to the ranch in FEBRUARY to attend a family wedding. Despite the constant snow (more than they'd had since 1936), our cabin was cozy, complete with a fireplace, fluffy blankets, comfortable bed, and plenty of heat; the staff was warm and welcoming; and the entire week-end was wonderful. The room's mini-kitchen was well-stocked and fresh-baked cookies were delivered each day. Using ranch provided boots, we snowshoed and hiked. Although we passed on some of the other activities, horseback riding and tubing, others in the group enjoyed them thoroughly.

I cannot say enough about the staff. The service was top-notch, but never stuffy, whether in the dining room, the bar, or the lodge. Our every request was cheerfully addressed. They even recorded the season's finale of Downton Abbey after hearing some of us discuss it at lunch. They ferried our car, and then us, down the driveway when the snow made it a bit challenging (although they did plow, salt and sand regularly. The front porch of our cabin and all the walkways up to the lodge were shoveled many times per day to keep the snow under control.)

One feature of the ranch is the art. Although the lodge and cabins are rustic, log-build, almost every square inch is covered with wonderful western art, paintings and sculpture. Even the kitchen had paintings.

My only complaint: too much good food! But do tour the kitchen. The kitchen and waitstaff are happy to show you around. Should you have a yen for something, they accommodate all sorts of special requests. Want a sampler of their homemade ice creams instead of just one flavor? They have special dishes to serve four small scoops of the daily variety. Want to split one of their huge, delicious hamburgers? They cut it in the kitchen, but each plate got a full portion of their crispy fries. The soups were outstanding, and welcome after a snowy outing. Since we were there for a wedding, there was a special dinner after the ceremony. The bride requested cupcakes. The groom wanted a traditional white cake. Both appeared. Both were delicious!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caryl C
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Every thing about TCR was great. The staff tried their best to make our Xmas and New Years visit a happy experience. The staff is friendly, well trained and managed, will go out of their way to help their guests, and they enjoy their jobs. Special thanks to Leslie and Catherine for all their suggestions.

We made a few special requests and staff made sure that it was done and a success. Better yet the staff would follow thru after the event to check in with us. Two special things that they did: they asked in advance if we would like a Christmas tree in our room, a fresh or artificial one and would they like them to decorate it or would we like to. We could even have our own decorations sent to the ranch. We knew Christmas was going to be very special when we heard that.

Another thing, the first night we were talking with the manager Leslie and the owners and we mentioned that my sister in law who was joining us the day after Christmas to stay through New Years was excited about being at a ranch with real cowboys. We all thought it would be a great surprise to have a real cowboy pick her up at the airport. They arranged to have one of their regular ranch hands arrive all decked out in chaps and western gear. She loved it!

The only thing that TCR that could not make happen was a "snow dance to make it snow". I wanted to see mountains and snow. The mountains are nearby. No snow other than the Lost Trail area. We did ski there one day and really enjoyed it. No snow at the ranch meant no skijoring, which we wanted to try, but they arranged an afternoon of snow tubing up at Trapper which was a hoot.

The food was great. The drinks were top of the line. The happy hour each night was a fun way to meet the other guests and the TCR management.

New Years Eve dinner followed by fireworks at the owners home was one of the best New Years celerabations we had in many years.

Two suggestions. The chefs special dinner is a must do night. The second suggestion is enjoy the house wines that are included. These wines are above average.

We stayed in two different cabins, Sapphire, a two bedroom one was nice to share with sister in law, but we really loved cozy, secluded Chipmunk cabin.

Last comment. My wife made me get on a horse again. I have a history of finding horses that do things to me. Like run into the middle of a lake on a hot day in Cuba and the horse would not get out of the water. The TCR wrangler got me a horse suited for me and then told me the correct way to communicate with the horse. I might even try a horse again but only at Triple Creek. My wife was thrilled to be riding by a pasture full of cows and was even more excited when we went in and rode right through the cows. She wants to come back and try the roundup in the summer.

Nice holiday

Room Tip: Chipmunk was our very favorite cabin.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank bostonjames
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week over Christmas at TCR with my parents - their treat. Oh man, this place was simply fantastic! I could write a book on how accommodating and polite the staff is (almost to a fault)! Or how cozy and comfortable the accommodations are (steam showers?!) .. or how INCLUSIVE the rates are. But alas, Trip Advisor will not let me write a book, so here goes.

FOOD: in a word, great. One other reviewer said to be prepared to gain a pound a day here. I agree! Breakfast was my favorite meal, I have to say -- the eggs benedict and bacon cheddar pancakes are not to be missed. The lunches include choices of daily sandwich/soup specials, chili, or a bison burger. I had Trout Almondine one day, and I will go to my death bed wanting more. Dinner is what you'd expect at a Relais and Chateaux resort. Four courses, a couple of choices of each course, and it's pretty frou frou. Not as "out there" as say Blackberry Farm, but there are plenty of froths, reductions, and things I need a dictionary to understand. The seafood preparations were spectacular - marlin belly, sea bass, lobster, scallops…. better prepared than the beef, if you can believe it (in Montana)!

CABINS: we stayed in Sapphire, one of the 2 BR cabins. Surprisingly spacious and private. Master suite upstairs with separate kitchenette and sitting area, and master suite downstairs. Both had FIREPLACES (!!) which housekeeping restocked every morning. Steam showers (OMG), his and hers sinks/toilets. Only downside was no soaking tub. There is a jacuzzi outside in most of the bigger cabins, though.

ACTIVITIES: oh the many things you can do at TCR! And, most are included in the room rate (eek!). We partook in cross country skiing (the manager, Leslie, took us herself to the trails!), panning for sapphires, horseback riding, and then did an off-property snowmobiling excursion. The activities team is so helpful, professional, and PREPARED -- they have jackets/boots/gloves/scarves/mittens, etc if you did not bring proper clothing. Heaven forbid TCR guests be uncomfortable in any way! You'll also be sent off with a cooler of snacks, drinks, and the most amazing hot chocolate known to man. TCR also has a stash of Stave puzzles throughout the lodge that guests (like me) can work.

AMENITIES: I have been through a lot of them already, but TCR is super inclusive. All beers, liquors, and house wines are included in your room rate. On the third floor of the lodge is the best stocked bar you've ever seen. We were actually told "if the bartender isn't up here, help yourself to whatever" - yes, that actually happened! Cabins also have a stock of decent booze/beers. We aren't huge drinkers, but it is definitely a plus. Pretty much all on-property activities are also included in the room rate. You'll pay a bit extra for off-property activities (trap shooting, fly fishing, snowmobiling) with the exception of skiing -- about 30 minutes away is the Lost Trail ski resort. TCR will take you there, give you vouchers for lift tickets and ski rentals, and then pick you up whenever. INCLUDED. Huge plus for ski bums. Property is in immaculate condition -- one of the newer staff members said she was required to spend a day with the housekeeping team and was taught how to clean a Keurig with a toothpick. This sort of attention seems to be paid to the lodge, grounds, and cabins alike.

Overall, I have NOTHING negative to say about TCR other than we had to leave! Our family cannot wait to return! Thank you to Leslie, Bill, and the whole staff for the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bimmerrgirl
Reviewed 2 January 2014

While everything here is 5 stars (the scenery, the food, the activities) what really makes this place special is it's service. My husband and I have stayed at multiple 5 star hotels across the world and not a single one has ever had service that came even close to this, and it began the moment I first called them to book. This trip was a surprise Christmas present for my husband and they did everything they could to help me keep it a surprise and even assisted in the surprise part! I'm pretty sure they stalk all of their guests on the internet before they come or something because I swear it felt like they were lifelong friends. One day at lunch I was talking to my husband about how much I liked the local cherry beer and when we returned to our cabin, the whole fridge was full of at least 20 cherry beers.

Do the cattle drive. It's so worth it. I've never seen my husband look more excited. I was slightly alarmed because we went on our cattle drive with the owners sister and she mentioned that my husband reminded her a lot of her brother!!! It is also very safe. They do a phenomenal job of matching you up with a horse that fits your experience level. I.e. my husband had never been on a horse when we stepped foot on the ranch and was riding look a pro the day of the cattle drive.

You will gain a pound for every day you stay here. Just accept it. You can't wander out of the lodge or your cabin without them giving you a cooler full of drinks and snacks. The managers have great hiking suggestions.

Also they set us up with a white water rafting trip down the Salmon River. Do it. I don't remember the name of the company but they have a long standing relationship with TCR and are a family run operation and were PHENOMENAL. The next time we come back to TCR we will do the overnight rafting trip.

I have never seen my husband so happy, and that is all due to TCR and it's amazing staff. We can't wait to experience TCR in the winter!

Room Tip: Go for the chipmunk cabin. I feel like the website discourages this cabin because they say you need...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Unique experience. Very upscale, private, fun. Lots of activities to do, or just enjoy the pines. Best accommodations ever. Outstanding food. Outstanding staff, very attentive to all of our needs. Would go back again.

Room Tip: Lookout for a couple. Best steam shower
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple