“Good people, great view!”

Mission Mountain Winery
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dayton
Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good people, great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

An unexpected find while in the Flathead Lake area. Enjoyed the wines, bought a few bottles (at great prices)! Even enjoyed a glass outside on a beautiful day looking out at the lake. So glad we found it!

Visited August 2014

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Time - Great Wine - Great Conversation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I'm kicking myself for the many years that I drove by this place on my way to Missoula, while I lived in Whitefish. My wife and I finally stopped during a trip home and we were very pleased. For the past eight years or so, we have been living in Northern Virginia and frequenting the many wineries located in the state, some of which are very good. While home we decided to make the short trip to MMW and give "Montana" wine a shot. To our enjoyment we ended up taking a case back to Virginia, a mix of reds and whites. It seems most of the grapes are Washington State, but all of it is processed locally. Hema Campbell, the vintners wife, expertly guided us through the tasting and provided some history and background on the winery and the Montana wines. We found the wines to be very competitively priced (consider $30 / bottle for VA wines). We even traded a couple bottles of Potomac Winery wines (we just happened to have a partial case in the car) for MM wines. Sorry Hema, but I know we got the better deal! We will try to return next time we are back in town. Cheers!

Visited May 2013
Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Fun Lakefront Wine Tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stopped here after spending the afternoon at Lake Mary Ronan State Park....$5 for 5 tastes. We bought two bottles of the Monster Red and one of the CocoaVin. Next time we're in the area we'd like to take advantage of the dock - they have a private dock from the lake leading up to the winery and several couples were there who had taken advantage of that.

My only complaint would have been the service. We felt a little bit like they weren't being quite as attentive to us as they were to others in the room who were more obviously "deep pockets". But the wine was good, the view was great, and it was a welcome grown-up diversion after spending all afternoon with the kids and rafts!

Visited August 2013
Great Falls, Montana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“VERY EXPENSIVE!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This wine maybe made in Montana but it all seemed to taste pretty much the same. We were treated okay but rushed through the whole tasting and you have to buy the wine glasses, not like most that give them to you. (said that they were crystal and you could buy for $6.99) Very disappointed, because I waited a long time to go here.

Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“awesome little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stopped here for the first time last year - did not expect it to be open, but it was, and we were able to taste. Loved the cab sauv and the malbec, purchased some to take home as well. Will be visiting again next week when we are in the area. Too bad that I have not been able to buy their wine in Alberta, or a more robust selection of it in other towns in MT closer to the border. Totally worth the trip as they offer daily tastings...

Visited September 2012