“Sears motel good place to lay your head”

Sears Motel and Campground
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sears motel is not a luxury motel. But it is a fine place to lay your head down at night. We stayed 6 nights. The Glacier lodge was 240.00 a night, Sears was 84.00. When on a vacation we only sleep in our room, so the money saved on not staying in fancy, expensive, lodging allowed us to do more activities. Bus trips, rafting, helicopter, and car tours.
Judy the owner is friendly, helpful and ready to handle any rowdy guests that cause problems.
If I ever go back to Glacier I will definitely stay at Sears.

Room Tip: Ask for two beds!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol3711

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This little motel this about the center of town, right across from the store and a Hostel. These are very small units and I think that $84 a night is a little steep for the accomodations. The room was clean and comfortable. Double beds were the only drawback for me since I'm taller. It's difficult to find a room in this town when just passing through, so you take what's available if you want to end your day here. The gal that checked us in was very nice.

Room Tip: These were duplex cablns with a shared porch out front. A chair for each room. Bathrooms you have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

After 24 hours on the train being created by happy and enthusiastic staff was just what I needed. The room met my basic need with nothing fancy. I was very surprised to find a flat screen TV on the desk. Other than that no real surprises. It was as another reviewer put it a "Comfortable cheap sleep" with the added benefit of being a local car rental center. The owner was very friendly and most helpful. It was a great way to start my two weeks in Glacier National Park. I would a d have recommended Sears motel and campgrounds to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The owner is incredibly sweet and friendly. She was quick to offer advice and guidance. The prices were amazing for the location of this campground. The rooms weren't anything special but they have a bed, power, and a full bathroom. That's enough for me! Perfect for a cute couples getaway.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The owner was very friendly and quite helpful, gave great suggestions on places to eat and things to do. Having a gas pump on site was convenient. Don't expect a holiday Inn while booking, the accommodations are very basic but also bear in mind the price reflects this; it's not a honeymoon suite, but it is clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here during our Glacier National Park vacation. We rented our car from the Dollar Car Rental location located within the Sears Motel. We rented the car at 9am and were scheduled to return our car by 6pm but our Amtrak train was late. The Sears Motel owner, Judy, kindly let us keep the car until 9am the next morning. She even let us leave the car at the Amtrak station and leave the keys in a drop box at the station. On top of all that, she monitored our train status for us and gave us a few bucks off a night at the hotel because our train wasn't arriving until 3am. That allowed us to shower and grab some shut eye before a very early train ride.

The room is not fancy but it's clean which is all one should expect for rooms starting at $69. It also has some amenities the fancy expensive Glacier Park lodges don't have like television and wifi. The location is the best in East Glacier, right across the street from multiple restaurants. I consider this to be at the center of downtown East Glacier.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Looking for value and location ?? This is the place in East Glacier Park, MT !! Just a :10 walk north of the stately Glacier Park Lodge on state 49 along the nicely-groomed golf course, is found the 16-unit Sears Motel with dining, shopping and laundromat within 150 yards. Judy Jones and her staff will even get you at the nearby rail station on Amtrak's Empire Builder route. Judy also has a large, well-stocked gift shop (where I have made many appearances and purchases) and is one of only two places in a wide radius to get gas. This is also the location for Dollar car rentals where Max has readied a clean car for your adventure into Glacier National Park, the Crown of the Continent !! I believe current room rates are at or close to $65 - $79. / nite. Please remember that this was never advertised as a competitor with the Ritz- Carlton, and is just the same -- quiet, clean and comfortable saving you lots of money to spend on meals or anything. Again this Summer, I already have 4 reservations, June thru September, maybe I'll see you there !!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 - 9 are in the sun with spacious decks out in front. Rooms 11 - 17 are in the shade of tal...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 6 in East Glacier Park
Glacier Park Lodge
Glacier Park Lodge
#4 of 10 in East Glacier Park

Been to Sears Motel and Campground? Share your experiences!