We got to Glacier late in the season - almost everything was closed. In addition, there was a storm going through and the Highway to the Sun was closed near the summit. This forced us to go around the park to see the Eastern side. That's how we came to be at Glacier East late in the day and saw the large, brilliant neon sign advertising a vacancy at the Dancing Bears Inn.
We stayed for one night. The room was OK; very old fashioned and kind of creepy. There was no visible means of adjusting the heat (at least I didn't see any), but the room was warm enough anyway. The bed turned out to be comfortable because we slept the night through. We were very lucky to have neighbors as quiet as we - you could hear them through very thin walls (the cabins are actually two "cabinettes" sharing a wall.)
There was a combination general store and coffee shop on the main road that was still open. We went in with misgivings, but it turned out to be a friendly place and the food was simple but good. Everything else was shut down.
My advice - go before October unless you have an RV.
The park, by the way, was stunning in reds and yellows. Beautiful and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a very nice family run motel. We pride ourselves on small town hospitality and clean updated comfortable rooms. We offer a continental breakfast, satellite TV, free WiFi, air conditioning, fridge and microwave. We also have irons, hair dryers, coffee pots and irons available upon request. We also have rooms with jacuzzi tubs. Our goal is to make your stay with us a great one and are here to serve you. We are local to the area and love to help you plan you vacation in Glacier in any way we can, whether it be helping you set up a tour with one of the tour bus companies or giving you tips on great trails to hike or place to see. We hope that when you leave Glacier your trip is a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Dancing Bears Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dancing Bears Hotel East Glacier Park
- Dancing Bears Inn East Glacier Park, Montana