Being a little bit of a hotel snob, I was leery about our stay at RIsing Sun, but it was a wonderful experience. Yes, our cabin (half of a duplex) was no-frills and very dated, but it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the views from 15B were to die for! The bathroom was a small shower and a toilet - that's it - no counters or shelves. But plenty of clean towels were provided, and a sink was located outside the bathroom in our room.
We would have loved to have a picnic table, or at least some chairs, outside our room, but there must be a reason they don't provide them. Wildlife issues?
No TV, but we didn't miss it. It stays light so late that you can enjoy sightseeing into the evening, then we read books or played games on my ipad before retiring for the night. Cool evenings, good for sleeping, and nice sunny days, so we didn't need any A/C and used the heater only one particularly cool evening.
We ate at the Two Dogs Flat restaurant twice - the first meal was a disappointment (the meatloaf), but my second meal was good (the vegetable soup). Prices were what you would expect for a National Park.
I was glad we chose the RIsing Sun for our 3-night stay. It was convenient to driving the Going to the Sun Road (despite road work), and made for an easy drive down to East Glacier and up to the Many Glacier area. I hope to see this gorgeous park again some day, and I would be happy to stay at the Rising Sun again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1940, Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins sits adjacent to spectacular St. Mary Lake inside Glacier National Park and is surrounded by soaring mountain peaks. In addition to 72 cabins and motor inn rooms, you will find the Two Dog Flats Grill, campstore, and gift shop. Red Bus tours, boat cruises, and numerous other activities are available at this centralized location. All guestrooms at Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins are rustic, yet comfortable. In keeping with the era in which the rooms were built, they offer guests limited amenities and old-world style accommodations resulting in a one-of-a kind National Park lodging experience. A limited number of ADA-accessible rooms are available and are booked based on space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rising Sun Motor Hotel East Glacier Park
- Rising Sun Hotel
- Rising Sun Motel
- Rising Sun Motor Inn And Cabins East Glacier Park, Montana