“Delightful 5 day visit !”

Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Emigrant B&B and Inns
“Delightful 5 day visit !”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the main house for 5 days, using as base to visit Yellowstone and surrounding area. Accomodations and meals were excellent. The main house is on Yellowstone River and provides beautiful , everchanging mountain views. Innkeepers, Pete and Carol, were away. Their daughter-in-law, Holly, was excellent hostess and cook. We enjoyed visiting with her and the other couple staying while we there. We would stay at Paradise Gateway again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Paradise Gateway Bed and Breakfast is an awesome place to stay. It is close to Yellowstone National Park and Chico Hot Springs. The views are spectacular! Just relaxing by the Yellowstone River with a glass of wine was perfect! Love this place. Plan to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Incredible location with gorgeous views,hospitality beyond anything ever experienced! Thank you so much Carol and Pete. We loved everything we ate, (just too much) We look forward to coming back soon as well as talking to the family about sharing our family reunion this summer. We will definately be back!!!
Bob and Shawna

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Disclaimer: we did NOT stay at Paradise Gateway. It appears to be a lovely place and obviously gets great TA reviews, however, beware if your plans change. I made a reservation for 3 nights in Sept 2014 with a very friendly seasonal worker a couple months ago. After considering the convenience of having a laundry if we stayed in a cabin, she told me that if laundry was our main concern, to book a B&B room and Carol would let us use their laundry during non-busy times. Great! Couple weeks later I called with a question, and this time got Carol. I've read so many nice reviews about her so was anxious to talk to her. I commented how convenient the laundry would be, to which she very matter-of-factly informed me that we could NOT use their laundry at the B&B but could go to a laundromat downtown. I explained that I was told differently by the seasonal worker, but she didn't waiver and offered no apology for the misinformation. In the past week, our plans for next year changed and we realized we wouldn't be in the Emigrant area. I immediately called Carol, who was clearly annoyed and her first comment was "there will be a $50 cancellation charge." When I questioned that, she just told me that the policy is on their website. It is. However, given the fact that she hadn't even charged my deposit yet, AND I had been given false information about the laundry, I thought she would at least offer to waive that if she was able to rebook the room. Nothing. Then to top it off, she informed me that she wasn't in her office and asked that I email her my cancellation so she'd have it when she got home. I was at work, but took the time to do as she asked. I again explained my position in the email. Tried to send it three times and it bounced back to me each time as undeliverable. I then called and left a voice mail, asking that she please return my call so we could discuss this. Instead, I get an emailed receipt for the $50 charge.
Ok, yes - the policy is on their website. However I think this is highway robbery, as did other innkeepers I spoke to. I could totally understand if she had already charged our deposit, as I know there are credit card fees, etc. I could also see it if we were canceling within even a few months of our reservation. But this is TEN months! I feel totally ripped off, and each time I talked to Carol she was less than gracious, certainly not what I expected after reading all the reviews. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from staying here. I'm sure if you do, you'll have a lovely time. But we won't. I've stayed in B&Bs for years and never experienced something like this. The one other time I had to cancel a reservation was earlier this year in California because of the shutdown. I canceled 10 days prior and got a full refund. And when I'm in California again, I will go out of my way to stay there. But the next time I'm in Yellowstone, I'll sleep in my car first. Hope my hard earned 50 bucks was worth it!

Stayed September 2013
6 Thank ParksRCalling
Monticello, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was our first trip not only to Yellowstone, but Montana as well. We were greeted by Carol and Pete’s daughter-in-law, Holly, who was a cheerful host. We were made to feel at home as soon as Holly opened the front door! We then met Pete and Tamika (Tammy). Carol was away the first two days, but Holly, Pete and Tammy took great care of us! Breakfast was always delicious and (whew) huge!!! We did not need much for lunch! Carol arrived on the third day of our stay. As soon as she arrived home, she immediately went into hostess mode. Pete is a great guide for the park as well. Each morning he would plan our day in the park – and it was never disappointing! Being from the south, hospitality is a big deal to me. This family took us in and treated us as one of their own. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My recent stay at the Paradise B&B was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had. Carol is an amazing host and the property is beautiful. The location is perfect for exploring Yellowstone or just relaxing for a few days.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Texlaw
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This was our first trip to the Yellowstone area, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay! The perfect way to start out the day is with one of Carol's delicious (and HUGE) breakfasts seated in their cozy dining room enjoying the view of the mountains and the river. Meanwhile, Pete will be your personal tour guide and help you plan out your days based on what you want to do and see. Then you can end the day just as wonderfully seated by the campfire as the river goes rolling by! Their knowledge of the area, warm hospitality, and excellent accommodations won us over completely, and we can't wait to return! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erica S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emigrant
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
#1 of 10 in Livingston
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Buck's T-4 Lodge
Buck's T-4 Lodge
#2 of 13 in Big Sky

Been to Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!