Hubbard's Yellowstone Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Yellowstone Valley Lodge(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$181
Travelocity
Comfort Inn(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$105
Livingston Inn Motel(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
Econo Lodge Livingston(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Restaurant
Country Motor Inn(Livingston)
US$64
US$58
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshorseback ridingfly fishingthe entire staffhubbardsaccommodationsranchorvisyellowstonepark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We spent a few days here before going to a wedding at another lodge a few miles away at the end of the week. While others may like to ride and fish, my husband's idea of a great vacation is working with no interruptions; mine is settling in with a good book. For both of us it's doing this in a beautiful outdoor location while being pampered by a wonderful young staff. HYS provided us all this and more;plus they treated us like family. The food was great, the accommodations more luxurious than they might have appeared on first glance, and the pace relaxed. There was a great rustic commons room with lots of comfortable leather furniture and game tables set with chess, checkers, backgammon and other games. It's right at the N. entrance to Yellowstone. The Hubbard family will bend over backward to get you anything you need, including helping you obtain advance tickets to the Livingston Rodeo (which was a blast). It's pricey, but all your food is included. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My son and I are on a bucket list trip, and are staying in most wonderful lodge. The wranglers, cooks and support employees are top notch as is the lodging and FOOD...Highly recommend for the family or individual who is looking for the most relax Montanna adventure.....the staff has gone out of their way to make we feel at home and have a great time in the yellow stone area....

Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Drchask
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is a secret I don't really want to share but it would be selfish of me not to let this little secret out of the bag. I've been to Hubbards twice. It started with one friend and it's now grown to 8! The location looking over looking Paradise Valley is amazing. The quality of the horses is excellent and Mike the wrangler will surely look after you and make sure your experience is touching heaven. The rooms, the lodge, the food are excellent I really can't fault it. Already booked for next summer. Suitable for travelling alone, as a couple or as a group. You will surely leave as a friend when you visit Hubbards.

Room Tip: Riding lodge has excellent views over Paradise Valley
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Onwhitehorses
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting our son this summer. This was our first time staying at a hunting/fishing/cattle ranch and it was not at all what we expected. From the moment we drove off the highway and headed towards the lodge, we were mesmerized with the beauty of the area. We were welcomed and treated as if we were "family" by the staff at Hubbard's.
All of our meals were fantastic; whether it was the made-to-order omelet or pancakes for breakfast or the tender steaks grilled in the evening.
Every detail of our room's decor matched the “wild west” ranch theme, from handcrafted log beds and thick wool blankets, to the iron horseshoe hooks on the walls. The soft, plush monogrammed towels in the bathroom provided the extra touch of class that makes Hubbard's stand out among the rest.
Sitting in one of the comfy wooden Adirondack chairs outside our room to watch the sun come up over the valley was breathtaking. The bonus came when a seven-point buck walked past us within about 10 yards of the porch.
My husband enjoyed his first fly-fishing lesson provided by Eric who was a great guide. He even managed to catch and release both a Rainbow Trout and a Whitefish while out on the river. (Rumor has it that there are many larger fish in the private pond on the property.)
The rest of our vacation, with visits to Yellowstone (only about 30 miles away) and the Grand Teton National Park was wonderful due to the time we spent unwinding and relaxing at Hubbard's at the beginning.
Our only regret was that we were not able to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I have been giving a lot of places 5 stars and I was sure they all deserved it. Hubbards was above and beyond and showed me what a 5 star resort really is. The drive in is in a word--SPECTACULAR. Once you climb the hill and get out of your vehicle to look down on the valley you know you really are in paradise. With mountains all around and a large lake out back the log lodge is exactly how you think a western lodge should be. You are greeted by Nancy and shown around the place and have a bit of time to get settled in before you are blown away once again by dinner. I can't remember better meals in any restaurant I have been to. They are not exaggerating when they say they take food seriously. My room was comfortable, spotlessly clean and quiet and I wanted to take the shower home with me. You could tell that the entire staff cares very much that you enjoy your stay and they put a lot of effort into making it right. True, it is expensive but that is because it is worth it...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo