“This experience could not have been more magical...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Sky Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emigrant
Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“This experience could not have been more magical...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Our week-long visit to Mountain Sky (last week in Aug - Fall Round Up - No Kids) was truly a vacation to remember. The place, the staff (Amazing!), the food, the riding, the activities, the scenery, the stars, the location, the karma...all unsurpassed in my book. This is our second trip to a Montana ranch and Mountain Sky was the winner by far. We travelled with 2 other couples and I can honestly say we all rated this as a favorite vacation EVER!

Shout out to Yancey, Mark, Maria, Monica, Stacey and the staff. You will be in our hearts forever! We'll be back without a doubt!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fall Roundup Week (aka, all adults) at Mountain Sky so exceeded our expectations that I've done nothing but rave about it since coming home! The ranch is a perfect combination of authentic western styling and friendly, relaxed service with the cleanliness and professionalism of a 5 star resort. The food was fabulous...varied and beautifully prepared buffets for breakfast and lunch, and plated gourmet selections for dinner. The riding program was perfect...great for all levels and accommodating to everyone. The Montana landscape was stunning...seeming to change on every ride and hike. Our husbands were delighted with the gorgeous golf course. The dinner ride, my personal favorite, was capped off with a lower ranch barbeque, dancing to a wonderful band as the sun set...and branding of our boots with the Mountain Sky logo!
The truly remarkable and delightful Mountain Sky staff anticipated every need. I couldn't imagine a better ranch vacation!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

When my husband and I first decided to try out Mountain Sky four years ago, we had already been to several guest ranches. We have always loved trying different things, and I don’t think we ever thought we would go back to the same vacation spot twice. That was, until we tried Mountain Sky! We’ve been back every September since and we don’t have any plans to “mix things up” again.

The best part, for us, is the riding program. I have a horse at home that I ride regularly, but my husband has very little riding experience. I was delighted that with the diversity of the riding program—they truly have horses and experiences for all levels of riders. I never feel bored, but my husband feels super comfortable—best of both worlds! Plus, even after four years, we have yet to see all the trails.

Other raves: the food- fresh, gourmet, and interesting. The scenery- absolutely stunning. The accommodations- luxurious. The non-horseback activities- diverse and excellent. My husband takes advantage of the hiking, golfing, and fly fishing, all of which he loves, while I mostly stick to riding.

We can’t wait to get back to Montana for another fabulous week this fall!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julianne206
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Me and my husband were able to experience the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch in June 2012. It was the best vacation we have ever taken. The entire staff was top notch. Yancey, you really impressed us when you knew our names as you greeted us at the airport. We were with a large group and he memorized our names and faces. Everyone was so friendly and knowledgable. We were able to go horseback riding, go fly fishing and tour Yellowstone Park. The food was exceptional and so were the night time activities. I recommend the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch to couples and families.

• Stayed June 2013
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I just came back from a magical five day stay at Mountain Sky Ranch during a Wild West Woman week. I loved everything about the ranch and experience. The service, food and accommodations are all truly incredible. The staff make you feel at home immediately and are there to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The focus of my trip was on maximizing riding and yoga time (to support all the riding). The wranglers were so helpful (and fun!) and take you on beautiful trails that fit your riding level. Nancy's yoga instruction was fantastic and helped keep me in the saddle all week long with minimal discomfort (I had not ridden in quite a while). Run, gallop, trot to Mountain Sky for a fabulous vacation in a beautiful setting, with great people (guests and staff)! I hope to return very soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

WOW!!! From the moment I stepped off the plane in Bozeman until I left today, I experienced one of the best weeks of my life. I am not sure how they do it but they made me feel like a queen during my entire visit at the ranch. The "Dude" ranch setting was spectacular, the accommodations were 1st class, the service was by far the best I have ever experienced (5+ stars and always with a genuine smile), the food was amazing and the activities were endless. If you want an amazing "Dude" ranch experience, you must put Mountain Sky Guest ranch on your bucket-list.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My family of 4 plus my mother spent a week at Mt. Sky in late July. I have traveled a lot, and must say that I give this a "5" because the service throughout the whole week - including the wranglers, the chef and wait-staff, reception, kid counselors, and others who we came in contact with were all superb. The General Manager Yancy makes it a point to get to know your name during the week, and the meals & activities are set up to encourage friendly interactions with the other guests that week. The food is delicious and prepared by a professional staff. We arrived with limited experience with horses, but left being totally comfortable riding multiple hours a day because of the excellent training and friendly, knowledgeable wranglers. The ranch has enthusiastic and experienced kid counselors who make sure that your kids have a GREAT time every day - my kids have stayed in touch with the new friends they made last summer. The placement of this ranch in Paradise Valley affords spectacular views, and a fresh trail every time you head out. The main lodge is "western" luxurious (think Teddy Roosevelt) and the cabins are kept in top condition. We're going back, as I hear most guest do after their first visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank L M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emigrant
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
#3 of 13 in Big Sky
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#2 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Mountain Sky Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!