“I wouldn't know...”
Review of The Jeffers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
The Jeffers Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Ennis B&B and Inns
Pocatello, Idaho
“I wouldn't know...”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to getaway for a romantic weekend and chose the Jeffers Inn because of all the lovely and glowing feedback I read here on Trip Advisor. In mid-August, I called and spoke to Leigh and reserved our room for the last weekend in September, more than five weeks in the future. She promised to send me a confirmation email regarding our reservation. Two days later, my husband won a special treat for Jackson Hole, so we decided to stay in Jackson instead. I called Leigh back first thing Monday morning, just four days after my initial contact with her. I explained what had happened and that we would need to cancel our reservation. She was very understanding and confirmed that she would cancel our reservation and send me an email letting me know it was done. At the end of August, I received my credit card statement and was surprised to see a charge for my stay at the Jeffers Inn. I called Leigh right away and she promised to reverse the charge and send me an email when it was done. She was very apologetic. Here it is the end of September and 1) I have never received any emails from Leigh or the Jeffers Inn confirming anything, and 2) The charges to my credit card have not been reversed, even though the last time my husband spoke to Leigh (9/17) she promised it would be resolved within 24 hours. I was so excited to stay at the Jeffers Inn, but after this experience I don't think we will ever go there. I caution anyone who is thinking of staying at the Jeffers Inn to be 100% certain that is what you want to do, because you may not get your money back if you need to cancel. Beware.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Guitarwife
Ladyennis, Manager at The Jeffers Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Here at The Jeffers Inn we are always concerned when a reservation must be cancelled. We want to give all of our guests and future guests the best service we can ... always. We hold to our cancellation policy ... but do not have hearts of stone. Many time we will give a credit ... when our policy states other wise. A problem arises when a guest/reservation "Protests" the charges on their Credit Card Bill. If we act to give them a credit ... they have now received two credits. In effect ... they have been paid back twice to cancel their reservation. It is not a perfect world ... we try to always do what is right. In this case ... this reservation was refunded by "Protest". Calls have been made and the phone number is also "mail box full". A dilemma ... I'll keep trying. Owner/manager: Leigh Fosnot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the Inn last year and absolutely loved it! So much so that we made a special trip from Jackson Hole, WY to Ennis, MT in early September just to stay at the Inn again for 1-night. We were not disappointed in any regard. The Inn was equally enjoyable the second time around. Accommodations, breakfast, hospitality, and a host of little extras were all superb!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and excellently furnished!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GJGoodLife
Bozeman
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was in the area on business. The Jeffers Inn was just a quick drive to Virginia City, and the perfect distance outside of Ennis. Leigh and Bob really know how to make one feel at home. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Maiden Moon Suite is roomy and lacks absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rhonda A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Jeffers Inn is the most incredible place in all of our travels throughout Montana. Not only is the residence itself beautiful, the entire place is captivating! From perfectly maintained landscape, to charming encampments, to overflowing flowers, gorgeous black ponies, perfectly kept bonfire pit with mountains as your backdrop - this place was captivating! Leigh & Rob are the kindest people I have met in all of Montana & as soon as you taste Leigh's cooking, you will know everything about this endearing couple opening up their home- comes straight from the heart. We hope to be back soon & will without a question will go back to the Jeffers Inn!

Room Tip: The 'Encampments' are everything & more as pictured on the website.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adventurists_MN
Thayne, Wyoming
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed two nights and it was spectacular! Small town, great, scenic farming/ranching community. Bob and Leigh were great hosts, food and hospitality were great, and rooms were very well decorated and the beds were comfy! Would highly recommend a stay here! PS, Bob's horse drawn carriage ride through the countryside was a very special extra!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GibsonDudley
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I can't say enough about the Jeffers Inn! If you are anywhere near Ennis (a cute small town), you should try to stay in the Jeffers Inn. The house is beautiful and immaculate. At first I was taken aback at all the antiques and "fluff" in our room, but Leigh assured us that the array of pillows would magically disappear, and they did. My wife commented several times on Leigh's amazing eye for style and detail. I (as did my wife) really enjoyed Leigh and Bob's knowledge of the history of their home as well the Ennis area, which they obviously love to share. Bob has led a full and varied life (get him talking; you will be glad you did) and Leigh's many interests and accomplishments include her collection of native american flutes and a wonderful mini-concert she gave as we visited in the patio one evening. Both hosts went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and memorable. Some other guests had children who loved horses, so Bob hitched up his matching team to his antique wagon and gave them a ride. (Incidentally, they were staying in the tents and Indian teepee in the back yard and seemed to really enjoy it.) our One of our traveling companions mentioned her love and knowledge of horses, so Bob squeezed in another wagon ride for our group later in the day. In summary, the breakfasts are gourmet, the furnishings are elegant, and the house and surrounding grounds are beautiful and quiet; the back of Jeffers Inn property backs up to huge fields where deer (and I'm sure other animals) come down to feed in the evenings. We have stayed in the Simpson House in Santa Barbara, the only 5-star B&B in California, and in my opinion, Jeffers Inn beats it by a star.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hawk5645
Lafayette Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

With the help of the Internet and a bit of luck, we found one of the three best bed and breakfasts of all of our travels. One was in Nelson, New Zealand, the second in the Isle of Skye in Scotland and the third is here in Ennis Montana. Bob and Leigh were our hosts for our four-day stay here at the Jeffers Inn this July 2013.

What made this Montana B&B unique was its “history,” its furnishings, and the ability of both Bob and Leigh to spin a story.

In the man-up room filled with furs and stuffed real animals, Bob proudly showed off his stuffed “jackalope.” He said: “The only other time you will see one of these anymore is in a taxidermy shop.”

This mythical creature is like a rabbit with antelope horns. It reminded me of a redneck’s interpretation of a unicorn.

Of course Leigh had her own specialty: She asserted that the house was previously owned by a prostitute who married one of her rich tricks. Once financially comfortable, she turned the house into a brothel. So the lady of the night became entrepreneur so to speak and invited young beautiful women to satisfy her muse – and the satisfaction of many male visitors. Of course she died in the front parlor room of the house – just before lighting her last cigarette. So sad.

We stayed in the delightfully decorated Crystal Palace Room – Complete with framed pictures of sensuously dressed ladies, a whirlpool tub with pre-burnt candles, and Direct TV . We enjoyed the great breakfast variety, and we had the run of the property. Oh, I failed to mention, we were treated to a dual hitched horse wagon ride around the neighborhood and through the local cemetery. We saw where the earlier and then “Madam” of the house was buried.

To add to the fantasy, we breakfasted with a young man from Australia who was touring the US on a motorcycle; a couple from California who has come for years to fly fish in the Madison River; and a non-athletic fellow from the Chicago area with a strange penchant to compete in backroom Marathon races all over the US.

Personally we loved it. I am sure you will too. But be sure to look up at the light globe in the shower in the Crystal Palace Room before you soap up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AMKLafayetteIndiana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
The Lodge at Big Sky
#2 of 13 in Big Sky
The Summit At Big Sky
The Summit At Big Sky
#4 of 13 in Big Sky

Been to The Jeffers Inn? Share your experiences!