“The Best thing a husband could do to surprise his wife.”
Review of The Jeffers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ennis
The Jeffers Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Ennis B&B and Inns
Beaumont, Texas
“The Best thing a husband could do to surprise his wife.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed at a few B&B's and my wife is always more excited about them, than I am. When looking for a place to stay for our 1st trip to Ennis most were motor lodges which seemed to fit fly fishermen better than couples looking for a nice weekend get away. I had booked a motor lodge at first, then read the reviews for the Jeffer's Inn, and decided for a little bit more, I could make this a much more memorable stay for my wife. Boy, was I glad I decide to stay here. This had to be the very best hotel or B&B experience we have ever had. ( Note, getting here using the GPS is not quite accurate, 3/4 mile off, so use google maps from home to try and locate it for reference ahead of time.) I knew there would be a sign out front, so I drove cautiously until we saw the house and Jeffer's Inn sign out front on the left side of the road. The county road has a below normal speed limit , and they say they radar it, so watch out & drive slow. Being a guy, I'm not to fond of frilly bedrooms, like I picture I would find in a B&B, or the possibility of thin walls next to other guest in the house, or staying with the owners in their own house. Well guys, if you can book this B&B for the wife, do yourself and her a favor and try and get the Crystal Palace Suite. This is the only down stairs bedroom and well worth every penny. Really, don't pass this room up if it is available. It is both manly and roomy and a big, big bathroom (2 person whirpool tub) double sinks. The bath room alone seems the size of the fishing lodge room we were going to stayed in before we found this Inn. This room is better than the 4 star hotels were have stayed in and even better than the 5 star we stayed in at the St Regis. The room is just perfect. The photos on their website of the room are good, but the feel of the room and the size in person is even better. Ok, if your new to staying at a B&B, you might be worried about getting along with the host, since your are in their home. So was I. Well let me say, you will have an even a better stay because of these two owners. They are the most wonderful people to meet without having a friend connection between you. When we stayed back in May it was still early in the season so we were the only guest in the house, so we had them all to ourselves, and what a treat they were to get to know. The House actually has a connection to the real life Lonesome Dove movie character, which they will be happy to share with you. In additions to no other house guest at the time of our stay, Bob and Leigh mentioned that they don't stay in the house, but sleep in the bunk house out back near the horses (you can see the bunk house room), so we had the whole house to ourselves. I can not say enough about the room we had or how great the couple is that own and run the Inn. The food Leigh made for us each day, which was breakfast in the morning and the dessert she prepared at night after you come back in from dinner, was top notch all the way around. (Note, if a wife is booking the room, your husband will love you for getting the Crystal Palace Suite, if he is not happy with the idea of a B&B and he is doing it just for you.) We stayed later in our trip in both Old Faithful Inn and the Snow lodge at Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park and neither compared to the 1st class B&B, Jeffer's Inn. I would recommend two nights at the Inn, if you can, so you can get a real feel for the room and the Inn, and you will love how you are treated and welcomed by Leigh & Bob. My wife still brags about the room and our stay at the Jeffer's Inn. I would book early if you can, because it is such a great B&B and well worth the difference in cost from motor lodges along the highway in town, that you can stay at anytime and find in other cities. At this place you feel like your on vacation and are relaxed. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Thank goodness for Trip Advisory and the other reviewers that helped me find this place.

Room Tip: The Crystal Palace Suite, only bedroom down stairs. Wonderful Room that even a man would love.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iflyfish28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Every trip to the Jeffers Inn is a memorable experience for us. The Inn is filled with history and owners Bob and Leigh can relate it all. Both are equestrians and Bob has done many historic trail rides in his authentic wagon as part of a recreated wagon train. The rooms are very comfortable, the setting quiet and peaceful and your hosts are both warm welcoming people who are happy to interact with you while respecting your privacy. And Leigh's breakfasts are delicious and filling.
On our way back to Seattle Leigh and Bob recommended a detour through Philipsburg MT--which is a hidden gem that we wouldn't have found without their local knowledge. We are always comfortable recommending friends and family say at the Jeffers Inn and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The largest room has a lovely deck which enjoys late afternoon shade.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Absolutely amazing experience. If you're tired of the standard hotel then this is the place to be. The owners (Bob and Leigh) are extremely down to earth and so kind-hearted. They make you feel welcome and are full of stories if you're willing to sit and chat. Wonderful breakfast is served every morning in addition to all of the other amenities included. The rooms are stunning which is such a nice turnaround from staying at a hotel. If you're ever out in Ennis this is the place to stay!

1 Thank droth406
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is the nicest & friendliest B&B we have ever stayed at over our years of travel. Leigh & Robert are excellent hosts, they were very accommodating especially given our short notice. We really enjoyed the carriage ride around Jeffers and the playing of the Native American flute. We plan on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kas7477
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to getaway for a romantic weekend and chose the Jeffers Inn because of all the lovely and glowing feedback I read here on Trip Advisor. In mid-August, I called and spoke to Leigh and reserved our room for the last weekend in September, more than five weeks in the future. She promised to send me a confirmation email regarding our reservation. Two days later, my husband won a special treat for Jackson Hole, so we decided to stay in Jackson instead. I called Leigh back first thing Monday morning, just four days after my initial contact with her. I explained what had happened and that we would need to cancel our reservation. She was very understanding and confirmed that she would cancel our reservation and send me an email letting me know it was done. At the end of August, I received my credit card statement and was surprised to see a charge for my stay at the Jeffers Inn. I called Leigh right away and she promised to reverse the charge and send me an email when it was done. She was very apologetic. Here it is the end of September and 1) I have never received any emails from Leigh or the Jeffers Inn confirming anything, and 2) The charges to my credit card have not been reversed, even though the last time my husband spoke to Leigh (9/17) she promised it would be resolved within 24 hours. I was so excited to stay at the Jeffers Inn, but after this experience I don't think we will ever go there. I caution anyone who is thinking of staying at the Jeffers Inn to be 100% certain that is what you want to do, because you may not get your money back if you need to cancel. Beware.

3 Thank Guitarwife
Ladyennis, Manager at The Jeffers Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Here at The Jeffers Inn we are always concerned when a reservation must be cancelled. We want to give all of our guests and future guests the best service we can ... always. We hold to our cancellation policy ... but do not have hearts of stone. Many time we will give a credit ... when our policy states other wise. A problem arises when a guest/reservation "Protests" the charges on their Credit Card Bill. If we act to give them a credit ... they have now received two credits. In effect ... they have been paid back twice to cancel their reservation. It is not a perfect world ... we try to always do what is right. In this case ... this reservation was refunded by "Protest". Calls have been made and the phone number is also "mail box full". A dilemma ... I'll keep trying. Owner/manager: Leigh Fosnot
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the Inn last year and absolutely loved it! So much so that we made a special trip from Jackson Hole, WY to Ennis, MT in early September just to stay at the Inn again for 1-night. We were not disappointed in any regard. The Inn was equally enjoyable the second time around. Accommodations, breakfast, hospitality, and a host of little extras were all superb!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and excellently furnished!
1 Thank GJGoodLife
Bozeman
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was in the area on business. The Jeffers Inn was just a quick drive to Virginia City, and the perfect distance outside of Ennis. Leigh and Bob really know how to make one feel at home. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Maiden Moon Suite is roomy and lacks absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rhonda A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
The Lodge at Big Sky
#4 of 13 in Big Sky
River Rock Lodge
River Rock Lodge
#7 of 13 in Big Sky

Been to The Jeffers Inn? Share your experiences!