“Cafe review”
Review of Half Way Hotel

Half Way Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Essex
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed down the road, but went to the Half Way's Cafe for dinner two nights in a row. The hosts at the Inn we were staying at recommended the Half Way as a good place for home style cooking. The people running the motel and the cafe were very nice and packed up some yummy food for us to take back to the Inn. My husbands loved the white bean soup, and I really enjoyed the chicken salad. I ordered it twice.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine T

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed here on a recent vacation at Glacier. Rooms were nice sized, very clean, and well appointed. Ate dinner at the restaruant and were well satisfied with the meal we had. The owners were very friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank thorno2
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very nice large clean room with a huge bathroom. Nicest family you will ever meet. We arrived extremely late by Amtrak and they picked us up....with no wheels of our own, they also schuttled us to meet scenic tours with the Red Bus system in Glacier National Park. Meals were generous and home cooked. Great, quiet place to spend some time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JodyFuller
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had a wedding to attend in July of 2011. I checked hotels in East Glacier and they were all booked. After looking on the map, it seemed that Essex was only a short ride (NO Traffic) from East Glacier so I booked three nights at the "Half Way". Wow, did we luck out. Spotless rooms, two queen beds, full bath, fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave. Beautiful setting in the trees, very quiet and safe. Another plus, it was next to the Half Way ...diner, post office, store... owned by the same family. We did have a problem with the toilet and the owner came over at once and fixed it. If you stay there, have the biscuits and gravy......

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chancelund
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Exceptionally clean (which is my number one priority)! Cheap! Friendly people! Big room, had a small fridge, but bring your own shampoo. We were happily surprised (and I'm someone who ONLY stays at chain hotels, but we had no other choice). If we go back to Glacier National Park, we will stay there again. (I was a little worried by the name before we booked - it makes me think of a halfway house - but they told me it is half way between East Glacier and West Glacier. :)

The motel is set up as 2 or 3 cabins (I can't remember now), and each cabin has two motel rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NDMom1
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Great place - my out of state friends were excited - said it was the best place they had styayed in a long time, and it was also the least expensive. Rooms were spacious and clean. Fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, shower, sink, what else do you need?"

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hardycreek
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Spnt three nights in one of their four cabins. Very clean & comfortable. Very accomodating: we arrived at closing time and they cooked us a great meal to take back to our room and they found a place for us to park our trailer. The food was so good we came back to eat there after we checked out.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SteviMT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essex
Izaak Walton Inn
#2 of 4 in Hungry Horse
Historic Tamarack Lodge
Historic Tamarack Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hungry Horse

Been to Half Way Hotel? Share your experiences!