Pioneer Lodge
Grand Union Hotel(Fort Benton)
TripAdvisor
Ski's Western Motel(Great Falls)
Royal Motel(Great Falls)
Priceline
Greystone Inn(Great Falls)
Midtown Motel(Great Falls)
TripAdvisor
O'Haire Motor Inn(Great Falls)
Plaza Inn(Great Falls)
TripAdvisor
Fairfield Inn Great Falls(Great Falls)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2014

So friendly. Susie made all of us feel right at home. Our lab was able to travel with us along with our friends & their dog. We were so thrilled to be in the Shep room. We were impressed with how clean & fresh smelling, especially for a pet room. The comforters & blankets were like new. A bonus was having a cozy & warm lobby with the river view right in the center of this quaint, historic town. Reasonably priced. Susie welcomed us all back after our 3 day trip on the river. It was like coming home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Pioneer L, Manager at Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thanks, Barb who loves 2kayak and that dude you were with and those other, too! What a fun group you were and so relaxed to even wait out the weather before your trip. It is always a pleasure to visit with people staying here and you guys were the best! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice property. Great hosts. We love the interior room. No outside noise (not that that's likely) and no early morning sun. Great view of The Missouri River out the lobby window (right outside our room. Comfy bed. Plush towels (yea!). Excellent price. A winner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had a reservation here because they said they were pet friendly. I tried to increase the number of beds in my room and the owner called me back and asked what kind of dogs I had. I have labs who are well behaved and friendly and she said "Honey, I won't allow labs in my best rooms." Her attitude alone made me discard my reservations with this hotel. I told her she was being rude and she still kept up with it through the whole conversation. I would not want to support someone who does not have people skills. Stay anywhere else if you have pets. The rooms looked pretty crummy to me online

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have pets
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank a_k_ahlgren
Pioneer L, Owner at Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We're sorry to hear you're disappointed in your interaction with us. We always strive to treat each of our valued customers with the respect they deserve. We do pride ourselves on being pet friendly and would be happy to have you and your labs in our hotel. However, out of respect for all of our guests, we only allow pets in our pet-friendly rooms. Although many hotels have a weight limit on pets, we do our best to accommodate dogs of all sizes. We would love for you to see our rooms in person, and would gladly welcome you and your dogs in our pet-friendly rooms, as they are available. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

What a great time we had at the Pioneer Lodge! My husband and I enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night. I am hoping at some point we can go back just to visit our friend, Susie! It is for sure a very friendly place and they make you right at home !! Loved the 2 little dogs that ran around, as that made me feel more at home. In fact the one little one would be at my door in the morning. For the location, it was awesome. River view, park area, and it was awesome just setting outside in the morning, afternoon or evening. Lots of friendly people to talk with and of course you could people watch !!! : )
Nice friendly people over ride SUPER FANCY !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The Pioneer Hotel is a historical building that has a lot of potential and is registered nationally. On the positive side, the location is excellent (right across from the river and an interpretive walk), the towels were surprisingly fluffy, the room was quiet and the bed was relatively comfortable. Those are all important things. However, first impressions are key and the place is a mess. The office is unorganized and strewn with junk, the "lobby" area looks like an unkempt hostel, and the owner's two (adorable) dogs are allowed to roam freely, even messing on the carpet. The owners (a married couple) behaved unprofessionally, arguing and swearing at each other in front of guests, and the area where the microwave, ice machine, etc., are located is cluttered and unsanitary. As one who is heavily involved in historical preservation efforts nationwide, I'm sad that there's not more care put into this great building. It could be a show-place in town and could draw in people to spend a quaint weekend in this historical village. I'm sorry to say I would never stay here again and could never recommend it to anyone else. I was very sorry that the Grand Union hotel was full. The Pioneer Hotel is not a good deal, anyway, and the extra few dollars would have been well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MochaChai
Syager46, Manager at Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I apologize for your impressions. Your visit and feelings do not seem to represent the majority of our first-time guests and the many who continue to return, bringing friends and recommending us to others. My office is home to several businesses and some days are busier than others. Our lobby has magazines on the wooden coffee table for our guests, a bulletin board with city and event activities, along with pictures on the wall of fame; and the sofa, loveseat and comfy chair all face the majestic $1,000,000 view of the Missouri River and the River Walk across the street. The PIONEER LODGE IS a great deal as our rooms are quiet, comfortable, affordable and unique and our lobby is your living room. We keep it family/home friendly and our coffee bar area is functional and clean and you can enjoy all the amenities, free wifi and anything else you need..
Our building is historically a mercantile store being rebuilt in 1916 until the remodel to an 8-room hotel in 1986, with year-round apartment rentals on the second floor. We did not disturb the outward appearance but uniquely decorated the inside.
I am sorry that you are not accepting emails, as I did try to contact you. Maybe you will give us another try for a discounted stay.