Covered Wagon Ranch
Canyon Cabins(Gallatin Gateway)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$348
US$109
Official Site
The LARK Bozeman(Bozeman)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$256
Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman(Bozeman)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Bozeman Inn(Bozeman)
US$87
US$85
Days Inn & Suites Bozeman(Bozeman)(Great Value!)
US$112
Rainbow Motel(Bozeman)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother guestswood burning stovehorseback ridingfeel like familyeach morningowners and staffthe main houseday's ridefly fishingnew friendsfour dayscookieslast summerdown to earththe entire weekhome cookingmule deer
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My family of 4 spent a week at this magical location. Rising with the sun in the crisp Gallitan Valley air, one lights the wood stove with "cowboy dust" and follows the aroma to the dining room for a full, wonderful breakfast. The head wrangler asks "what kin' of ridin' do you wanna do today?" Then, it's all set. Your own horse for the week is ready when your are with your own wrangler and you get to ride with YOUR family for the day, stopping mid way for a perfect packed lunch. Dinner that night is heavy, tasty and full of stories; all rounded out by a camp fire and good fun. My wife, 28 year old and 12 year old are begging to go back. For those of you who can't unplug... well, no cell or BB service, but the hotel did let me use their ONE phone for a conference call I could not miss. We'll be back...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My kids and I spent several wonderful years vacationing at the covered wagon ranch when it was still owned by the original family of homesteaders. We decided to head back after 15 years and the magic is still there! My family-- immediate and extended-- found that it was the same, but better. Kurt and Melissa, the new owners, keep true to the spirit of the original ranch experience. Which isn't to say it is stagnant, it isn't. It is every bit as wonderful as we remembered. I can't recommend it highly enough for any age. The front porches of each cabin=relaxation!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the ranch for a week. The cabins were great, they were kept very clean and the beds were comfortable. Each morning the owners would ask you at breakfast what your plans were for the day (ride full day, half day, fish, etc.). Our horseback riding trips were very personalized - you rode with your group or just as a couple. It doesn't matter if you are an expert or a beginner in riding horses - they will suit you with the horse that fits you! The food was excellent, everyone ate at the lodge - buffet style - but dinner was served to you. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

While looking online for a dude ranch in MT I came across the reviews here and was a bit skeptical. However, my family (son is 11, daughter is 8) stayed for 4 days and nights and had an fantastic time. The ranch is beautiful. The staff does everything to make you feel at home. The cabins are charming and rustic, the food is plentiful and delicious. The horses are well taken care of the wranglers take you on wonderful rides. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was our first time to the Covered Wagon Ranch and it was everything we hoped for and more. There is no cell service unless you make an effort and the staff makes you feel like you are part of a big family. The meals are all served family style and the wranglers eat right next to you! Dinner time was a great time to review all that you saw and did on your rides which are as challenging or easy as you choose. The food is incredible and there is plenty of it. We wanted a ranch with a limited number of guests because we did not want to feel like a number or cattle. You can do as much or little as you like. The horses are amazing and truly the focus of the ranch. We got picked up at the airport in Bozeman because we knew we'd never leave the ranch once we got there and don't regret this decision, but those with kids will probably want a car so you can visit Yellowstone one day during your visit. This is truly a one of a kind guest ranch and we intend to visit again. It was really cool to meet repeat customers!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple