“Not to be missed”

The Corral Bar & Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Austin, Texas
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Classic old school bar with great food AND pool. What's not to like!! We had a great time even when they asked us if the music (Led Zeppelin) was too loud!! Hahaha. Will definitely go again next time in Big Sky

Visited August 2014

Green Valley, Arizona
“Poor service, terrible food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

With so many great restaurants in this area, don't waste your time here. My appetizer gizzards were fried in old grease, and so tough they were inedible. The whole plate sat there and the waitress never ask me about my meal. She never ask if I wanted a take home box. I had asked for ranch dressing and she never brought it. My husband ask for sweet potato fries and he received large undercooked regular fries. The replacement came when we were ready to pay the bill. My main meal was 1 trip to the salad bar. Very mediocre. If you want to see the decor in this old cowboy joint, stop in for a drink at the bar. Otherwise, drive on by and go to any of the other great places listed on TA.

• Visited August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A cowboy steakhouse with skins on the wall and ceiling - don't miss it!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nothing changes here, year after year...and that is good. Great meats, classic roadhouse salad bar with a cough shield, wonderful fresh pies, huckleberry and moose-drool ice cream made locally, Broken Nail IPA which is the best-tasting IPA I have ever had, and I have had hundreds, and for the IPA's final act... a group urinal made out of a animal food trough...what is there not to like? I always come here once or twice a week when skiing at Big Sky...I arrive hungry and leave happy - a great place.

• Visited January 2014
Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Corral Bar & Steakhouse a Hit”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Let me first say that I had already seen this place listed on TripAdvisor, and from the previous reviews, I felt pretty good that this would be a great place to eat. It was everything I had read and more! My husband and I had been visiting Yellowstone National Park one day when we were out there this Summer, and we stopped at this gem of a restaurant on our way back to Bozeman. We like to seek out the real local places to eat when we're traveling, and so glad we came upon this delight. I had the chicken with alfredo sauce, and it was better than some Italian restaurants that in which I've dined. Fresh basil absolutely made that dish! Our waitress, Ren, (sp???) made us feel right at home as did other folks that were working there! It was very comfortable and casual, and the food and service were out of this world! My advice to anybody when you're traveling, is make it a point to indulge in the cuisine and culture of these local eateries! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hometown restaurant and bar in Big Sky Montana”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

All around good food, excellent service. Convenient location! The Corral Bar, Steakhouse and Motel has been serving up good simple food for both locals and travelers alike for almost 70 years!
The Corral is a local family run business, not a chain! My family and I have been going to the Corral since 1986 and plan on many more visits!

• Visited August 2014