“Makes you feel at home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gallatin Gateway
The Inn on the Gallatin
Wisconsin
“Makes you feel at home”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Deanne and Steve, the owners, were great. I felt like they cared about our stay. The cabin was adorable with nice homey touches. A unique metal shower and nice towels and plenty of them. Sheets were nice and soft. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. They have a nice fire pit area that we did not get a chance to use. They have grills there as well. The river running along the property was beautiful, we left the door open as much as we could just to hear it run. Very unique and one of the things we love about Montana. Everywhere you look there is beauty. They are making updates to the property and can't wait to come back and see what is new. The cafe on property is amazing. The locals come to eat so you know it's good. Erin in the kitchen is wonderful. She made cute little bear pancakes for our grandkids. Everything she made was fabulous and very large portions. Everything was great and gave us a taste of the good life of Montana. Would definitely be back. Deanne and Steve make you feel like friends instead of customers, that's a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paris, France
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our first night of our road trip! We landed in Bozeman and this was a very nice stop. We had a very nice cabin with a very nice decoration, and a welcoming note on the blackboard of the room. Thank you Deanne.
They did not make breakfast the day we were there but Deanne gave us a box with fruits & muffins... that's so kind!
The river just behind the cabin is amazing... very restful place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My friends and I had a terrific stay last week at the Inn on the Gallatin. My only regret is that we only stayed for one night. Deanne and Steve were born to run a B&B. They really know how to make weary travelers smile and feel welcome. They even had a board with our names weloming us in our room! Deanne is an interior designer, which really shows in the funky, handmade, Pinterest-y decor around the property. And the food is to die for! It made me wish I had the appetite of a bear.

If I find myself in that part of world again (which I hope I do!!!), I'll definitely be staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our little family stayed in the cabin with a kitchenette for three nights. It was perfect for us. We were visiting my husband who is working in Gallatin Canyon for the summer and we needed a place to stay for a good value. This was it! We felt like we were right at home the minute we got there. Deanne and Steve went out of their way to make us feel welcome and taken care of. The decor in our cabin was eclectic-retro-quirky-fun. The cabin was so clean and felt fresh and bright. The bed had a beautiful handmade quilt on it that I secretly wanted to take home with me (don't worry its still there).
We ate at the Cafe and it was delicious, the service was great and they brought us free home-made cinnamon and sugar donut holes. I mean seriously.
It rained quite a bit while we we there, but we were happy to hang out in the cabin together until we could go out and enjoy the canyon.
Deanne and Steve have put a lot of love into this place and it shows. It feels more like a Bed and Breakfast with its personal touches and and the friendship and camaraderie I felt with other guests and the staff here. Needless to say we will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matthew S
bozeman
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been up to the Inn a number of times in the last few weeks for breakfast and lunch. Not only is the food amazing, but the service, atmosphere and the whole experience one that is worth driving out of the way to enjoy. I cannot recommend this wonderful place enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank todd h
Billings
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I live in Montana and actually had driven by the Inn on the Gallatin a number of times. A friend of mine told me how she and her family stayed there so I decided to give it a go when I went away for a "mom's escape". I'm so glad I did!

First, the cabin I stayed in was charming to say the least.Small and cozy, perfect for one or it would also work for a couple. Deanne, one of the owners, told me that the hand-pieced quilt on the bed had been her grandmother's, so I kind of felt like one of the family. The bathroom was small but had all the necessities, and I loved the old-school wallpaper and metal shower. The fact that it wasn't your typical hotel room and typical hotel bath was actually really refreshing (which surprised me--I'm a little high maintenance). I also really liked being able to pull my car up right in front of the door because it gave me a sense of security.

Keep in mind that when the name says "on the Gallatin" it's very literal. I could walk out the door of my cabin, walk down and trail and I was right at the river. You can walk out on the rocks, get some sun on your face and just read or relax. I saw a firepit that you could sit around at night if you wanted.

I had both breakfast and an early lunch at the restaurant and loved it. The owner's daughter had her baby there and, as a mom myself, it was fun to be around a little one. I also thought it was interesting how there were locals (or at least people who were there a lot) who came in for coffee and conversation more than anything. The donut holes that they brought to the table at breakfast were "AWESOME"--fresh and warm--and a very unexpected touch. I had an omelet potatoes; it was good and the portion was more than generous (I couldn't finish it all.) At lunch they brought out a relish tray with their homemade pickles while they waited for me to order--again a very unexpected thing to do. My sandwich and fries were good; again, the portion was quite large so I took half of it with me.

The Inn on the Gallatin is a real gem when it comes to charm and service. It's also, in my opinion, a good value--less expensive than many hotels in Bozeman and most definitely less expensive in staying in Big Sky. I'm looking forward to taking my family for a stay so they can experience it (and to get more of those yummy donut holes!)

Room Tip: Because I didn't see any of the other cabins, I can only recommend the one I stayed in. It was a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie G
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Inn on the Gallatin truly is Boutique lodging. Everywhere you go on the premises you hear the sounds of the river. The Cabins are very nicely decorated and each have their own unique design. We stayed in Cabin #3, and it had a very comfortable bed, a pull out couch, and enough room to move around, and each Cabin has its own bathroom! The furniture and decorations are adorable and really make you feel like you're having an authentic cabin escape.

Their Cafe is adorable and has awesome food. We ate there for our breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the weekend and each meal was delicious, fresh and filling.

They have a few different areas for camp fires so you can enjoy the peace and quiet by the river toasting marshmallows and sharing stories. At night it isn't very well lit out there by the river, but then again when you're camping you want that experience.

Deanne, Steve and Stephanie run the place very well and are super helpful if you need anything or have any questions. I would definitely recommend staying at the Inn on the Gallatin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#13 of 13 in Big Sky
Element Bozeman
Element Bozeman
#5 of 31 in Bozeman

Been to The Inn on the Gallatin? Share your experiences!