“Fabulous”

Rainbow Ranch Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Ranch Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 191
Transit: The Big Sky Shuttle stops directly across Highway 191 from the Rainbow Ranch Lodge. Check www.skylinebus.com for schedules.
Description: In our cozy restaurant on the banks of the Gallatin River, the culinary team at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge consistently delights guests with refined cuisine and classical cooking techniques which transform Montana beef, bison, wild game, and fresh seafood into flavorful works of art. Our Charcuterie Platter features house-made delicacies from duck prosciutto and wild boar sausage with huckleberries to bison kielbasa with Guinness infused whole grain mustard. With an impressive array of entrees like Mesquite grilled, Espresso Rubbed Bison Hanger Steak, Sweet Corn and Brioche Stuffed Roasted Quail, Herbs de Provence Marinated Alaskan King Salmon or Pan Seared Rocky Mountain Elk Loin, it can be difficult to decide. Before you dive into your Rainbow Ranch culinary experience, relax into a cozy couch in our lounge while sipping a hand-crafted cocktail and sampling delectable bites from our small plates menu.
Mesa AZ
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

My husband and I ate dinner at Rainbow Ranch our first night in Big Sky. We were not able to stay at the Ranch, as they were completely booked, but we are so glad we ate dinner there.

Our meal was fabulous. Everything was so delicious and beautifully presented. The service was fantastic. It was the best meal I've had in a long, long time, and rivaled some very pricey, big name restaurants where I've eaten across the country.

We were so happy after our first meal that we went back another night--it was the same menu we'd had 3 nights earlier, but everything on the menu was so delicious we didn't care.

We highly recommend having dinner at this fantastic restaurant. Not to be missed!

1 Thank AZgirl40

Austin, TX
“An AMAZING Experience!”
Reviewed 28 March 2007

Dining at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge was one of the most amazing experiences I have had! I appreciate attention to detail and that is what I noticed there. The service was impeccable; from being greeted by the host, which was surprisingly proprietor Patrick Hurd, to the knowledge and patience of the server. The food was creative and delectable. In addition to the regular menu, there were several specials offered. It was very hard to choose, as I wanted so many of the dishes! I was very pleased with what I chose. I started with the goat cheese ravioli. To this day, I crave the ravioli! Then, I had the green bean and artichoke salad.....light and delicious. Next, my favorite...the elk tenderloin. It was so tender and moist. I finished my meal with the creme brulee. A lot of restaurants offer creme brulee, but many fall short. The Rainbow's is the best I have had. I have to mention the wine list and the knowledge of the sommelier, which was again Patrick. I asked him to pair wines with the dishes I chose and he did an exceptional job! We had to have been there for a couple of hours and we never once felt rushed by the staff. The atmosphere was so comfortable and the view was breathtaking. I live in Austin, which is known for having a plethora of great restaurants. I dine out quite frequently and have been to many of the acclaimed restaurants in Austin and in other major cities. In my opinion, the Rainbow is a rare find. It is a true gem and I just wish I lived closer to it!

3 Thank Lady_0f_Leisure
basking ridge nj
“Simply the best dining experience in Big Sky”
Reviewed 11 March 2007

Our dinning experience was extreamly memorably.
The very best food in Big sky.

The wait staff, wine selection, decor, and of course the food all outstanding. I dont think i would bring the kids but certianly an excellent choice for a adult night out!

Make your reservations early

Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed 27 September 2006

As a resident of Big Sky, MT and an avid traveler, I never feel completely back at home from a long trip until I have had a delicious dinner at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge. The warm greeting of the host, attentive service, the cozy atmosphere and of course, the fabulous food, are my favorite reminders of why I chose to come here. The Rainbow Ranch is dining at its finest, while keeping the laid back atmosphere and warm hospitality that is the essence of Montana .

1 Thank FlapJack1
Austin,TX
“Sensational”
Reviewed 24 June 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Rainbow Ranch in early June 2006 for four evenings. We ate at the restaurant twice. We traveled in the area for 16 days, and these two meals were right up there on the top of the list. The service was excellent, the food was superb. Nice western atmosphere and a pretty view out the back of the lodge down to the Gallatin River - which was raging when we were there. The menu has a nice combination of steaks, fish, trout, elk and unique palate pleasers as well. We also tried Bucks-T4 one evening and ate once at the Corral. There is no comparison. Rainbow Ranch is tops. You won't be disappointed.

PS - I travel a great deal all across the US as well as in Asia and Europe. I eat out frequently with customers. Rainbow Ranch ranks right up there as one of the top 10% of restaurants.

5 Thank E-Broockman