Staying at Rainbow Ranch was like going to sleep away camp as an adult, with excellent, though simple, accommodations, incredible grounds, and amazing Gallatin River access. We stayed at RRL after driving from Jackson Hole through Yellowstone, and it was the ideal place to spend two relatively quite days after many hikes / bikes. The staff was incredibly polite and helpful, but at no point smothered you. We enjoyed full access to the grounds, including the great hot tub with fire place, the trout pond, and many hours in the river, just 20 yds from our porch. We enjoyed a meal at the restaurant, which was as good or better than top restaurants in any of the major ski towns. The wild game selection was mostly locally sourced, with excellent variety and preparation.
We will certainly return to RRL in the coming years for more R&R, which it is ideal for. I would highly recommend for a couple looking to spend some quality down time together, and especially for the fishing enthusiast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge is an intimate twenty-one room hotel and gourmet restaurant located on the banks of the Gallatin River in Big Sky, Montana. Whether riverside or pondside, accommodations at Rainbow Ranch Lodge provide a sanctuary for post-adventure relaxing or a romantic getaway for two. Located in a sweeping valley in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's location is ideal for both summer and winter activities. Our proximity to Yellowstone National Park affords our guests endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration, including world-class fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, and kayaking. Whether you choose an experienced local guide service or venture out on your own, the breathtakingly rugged, natural beauty of southwest Montana will restore and rejuvenate your senses. One of the top 10 winter destinations in North America, the Big Sky area offers a variety of winters activities including downhill skiing at Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Ranch, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and winter fly fishing. If your winter preferences lean more towards comfort and warmth, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's spa services and luxurious guest rooms provide the perfect alternative to a day spent outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Rainbow Ranch Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Ranch Montana
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge Montana/Gallatin Gateway