On a recent summer trip to Montana, my husband and I had a lovely dinner at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge and spent the night in one of the new rooms that face the trout pond. Proprietor Patrick Hurd and his staff couldn’t have been more accommodating. The new expansion is impressive and the rooms exceptional – rustic but elegant, roomy yet cozy.
After our superb meal, our room nearly beckoned us to relax with its comfortable king bed, river rock fireplace, thoughtful selection of books, wet bar, TV (camouflaged by a wildlife photo) and, of course, the wonderful Rainbow Ranch cookies that greet every guest. The bathroom was spacious with his and her vanities and closets (each with a cushioned bench!), a soaking tub and wonderful rain shower. We especially enjoyed walking barefoot on the wood plank, heated floors. Yes, the lodge is located close to the road, but it was surprisingly quiet in our room. After coffee was delivered to our room in the morning, I relaxed on our deck with a book and was accompanied by the sound of water spilling from the outdoor infinity pool down river rock into the pond - very nice.
Our experience was a true get-away. We will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge is an intimate twenty-one room hotel and gourmet restaurant located on the banks of the Gallatin River in Big Sky, Montana. Whether riverside or pondside, accommodations at Rainbow Ranch Lodge provide a sanctuary for post-adventure relaxing or a romantic getaway for two. Located in a sweeping valley in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's location is ideal for both summer and winter activities. Our proximity to Yellowstone National Park affords our guests endless opportunities for outdoor adventure and exploration, including world-class fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking, whitewater rafting, and kayaking. Whether you choose an experienced local guide service or venture out on your own, the breathtakingly rugged, natural beauty of southwest Montana will restore and rejuvenate your senses. One of the top 10 winter destinations in North America, the Big Sky area offers a variety of winters activities including downhill skiing at Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Ranch, as well as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and winter fly fishing. If your winter preferences lean more towards comfort and warmth, the Rainbow Ranch Lodge's spa services and luxurious guest rooms provide the perfect alternative to a day spent outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rainbow Ranch Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainbow Ranch Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Hotel Gallatin Gateway
- Rainbow Ranch Montana
- Rainbow Ranch Lodge Montana/Gallatin Gateway