“Tranquility”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Crevice Mountain Lodge
San Diego
“Tranquility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a place to escape all cares & woes of daily life. The trip up the 10 mile dirt road is just the beginning of the adventure. Once reaching the top of the mountain you have the feeling of homesteading in the old west. Our cabin was clean with private shower, wood burning stove, coffee pot & plenty of blankets. Our home cooked meals were plentiful, delicious & served buffet style. Cheryl is the most gracious host, opening her home to us every morning & evening. It was a time to sit & get to know the other guests. We felt so at home after the first day that it seemed natural to get a cup of coffee from the kitchen or bus your own dishes. The chickens, 3 cats & 1 dog were a special treat. Our daughter son-in-law & 2 grandkids met us there. The boys loved the wide open space, freedom to run unrestricted & the campfires at night. Thank you Cheryl for a most memorable vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HalseySanDiego

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Golden Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

After staying at Crevice Mountain Lodge for five nights, five beautiful sunsets, five great breakfasts and five fabulous dinners, I could only tell our friends at home that it was ridiculously perfect for us! My husband and our nine year old son planned our trip to Yellowstone together, but I was in charge of the full week of accommodations. Lucky for us all of the lodges inside the park were booked and I found CML. I was nervous as we drove up the road to get there, but it was just what I hoped for. It is a little bit of a drive to get there on ten miles of gravel road, but after a few trips you barely notice it, other than the great views. Cheryl is such a good host you feel like you are staying at a friend's place. The food is simple, but tasty and plentiful and served family style in the main lodge. We would not have enjoyed our stay as much if it weren't for the social aspect of sharing meals and company with the other guests and their kids.

The cabins are simple, but have all the basic amenities. Bring you own soaps and shampoos, but there are towels and even tableware if you plan to have some meals or snacks in your cabin.

If ever possible, I would definitely stay with Cheryl again!

Room Tip: The cabins are far enough apart that you have privacy wherever you stay. Our cabin faced the main lo...
2 Thank Patty H
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

The excitement mounts as you climb the road up the mountain, as to what awaits ahead. Peace, tranquility, calm and beauty. A great place to unwind and know life as it should be. Wonderful home cooked meals, friendly pets and a gracious host in Cheryl. You can quickly get spoiled! Our cabin was so cute and cozy! Lots of fun for our family of four (a teen son and daughter) and at the end of the day, a beautiful sunset! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Crevice Mountain Lodge. The only drawback was that we couldn't stay longer!

2 Thank LIsa M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family of 4 - 2 daughters age 10 and12 - spent a night on top of the world at Crevice Mountain Lodge. After the fun ride up the mountain, full of bumps and turns, we were greeted by Cheryl and her dog, George. She showed us to our cabin and the adventure began. We spent the evening playing badminton, hiking, eating a GREAT home-cooked dinner and then enjoying an after dinner hike led by Cheryl to a spot with an expansive view of Yellowstone and the lower valleys. My daughters enjoyed the board games and cards in the cabin and especially the time with Cheryl's dog and cats. It was nice to spend an evening of our 10 day vacation away from the tourists and truly enjoying the peace and quiet of Big Sky country. It was a part of our vacation that won't be forgotten!!

1 Thank vatchr
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

We took our first family trip out West this summer, and we had the great luck to stay at Crevice Mountain Lodge. In planning our trip, I had hoped to stay at a (fancy) guest ranch in Big Sky the whole week, but it was too expensive, so I looked for another option for two nights. I was so glad I did. Crevice Mountain Lodge was Montana at its best! The most homey, beautiful, comfortable place. Having read the other reviews, I was concerned about the road (I have a strong fear of heights), but save one or two spots near the bottom, it was not at all scary or difficult to drive. And the views on the way up are SPECTACULAR. The cabins are clean and very simple/rustic, but quite comfortable. Cheryl is kind and accommodating. My kids were in heaven, playing with George the gentle dog and the bonus 2 kittens! They loved the fire pit at night. We never did get to see the stars, because the sun sets so late! I will say that getting up to the lodge from Gardiner took about 40 minutes each time, which for us meant that once we headed up for dinner, we stayed put. But we were more than happy to do so, just a 15 minute walk will give you a view of Yellowstone that is not to be believed. I was so sorry to leave!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We recently completed a trip from the Jackson, WY Airport through the Tetons and Yellowstone with our grandson, spending one night at various spots along the way.....yes, we did have reservations everywhere. When making reservations, I was disappointed that I couldn't get anything suitable at Mammoth Hot Springs on the north end of Yellowstone. As I started researching options, I found Crevice Mountain Lodge. We were thrilled and our 11 yr. old grandson was so excited with this place. I am sure it is not for everyone but for us, a perfect spot for a stop especially after being at Mammoth which was hot and crowded. This is not a short/highway drive but the owner gave great directions and we didn't have any problems. It is a gravel road and not everyone would be comfortable driving it. The cabin was wonderful and we just happened to get the larger of the 3 cabins giving us ample room for 3 people. The queen bed was very comfy and our grandson had his pick of bunk beds. It is not fancy but nice and very clean and comfy. The quietness was wonderful. We all enjoyed George the dog who always went out walking with us and the cats were a treat for our 11 yr. old traveler. The chickens and the rooster were an added bonus....too bad my husband didn't hear the rooster in the a.m. as he has always said he is going to get one! The meals, breakfast and dinner, were good and plentiful with lots of options, served at the owner's cabin at a time indicated by the group of guests. The coffee pot in the room was an added treat for evening coffee as was an assortment of reading materials and games. The wood stove/wood pile would have been wonderful if we had needed it but we were comfortable without it. There are hiking options if you wish as it is surrounded by the National Forest, I believe. There is a riding facility down on the "main road" before turning to go further up the mountain to Crevice. If you like the outdoors, quiet, and want to get out of Yellowstone but not too far, check this out. They have a web site.

Room Tip: Don't expect this to be fancy.....it's just nice for those of us who love the outdoors and s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JRB187
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Spent two nights at Crevice Mountain Lodge, a short drive on a good, very scenic gravel road from the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park near Mammoth Hot Springs / Gardiner, MT. For less than what I'd have paid in the park for a bare bones motel unit, got a private log cabin in the woods, each day with two excellent home cooked dinners and two breakfasts with eggs fresh from their henhouse. Cabin was rustic but comfortable, with hot/cold running water and warm shower, and cheery wood buring stove (they'll show you how to build the fire if you don't know how -- a very valuable skill!) Nice hot tub, and beautiful location in pine forest, with very friendly folks running the place. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PalladinUtah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#3 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
#2 of 6 in Gardiner
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Crevice Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!