“Best food ever!!”

Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Gardiner
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Restaurant is located in a large 6000 Square foot structure that was built in the 1920's. The main dining room is constructed with wood and logs and has a nice, warm and casual atmosphere.We are located 7 miles north of Gardiner off of highway 89 and the restaurant is surrounded by beautiful mountains and is located 1 mile away from the historic natural wonder (The Devil's Slide). We are open May 21 through September 21 each season.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Perfect food, customer service, price, deals and location!! Loved everything about it!!
Must go place for food during trip of yellow stone national park!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Out of a five night stay in Gardiner, we drove out to the Lighthouse restaurant twice. Both times, Katia was our server, and she was very attentive, enthusiastic, and made our visit delightful. Both my husband and I can recommend the steak (surprisingly tender NY strip). It has a slight Asian spice to it, and was cooked perfectly to order. Save room for dessert - the tiny cakes are moist and scrumptious!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I really wanted to "Like" this restaurant, but just can't. First stop I had the Bengal Beef Stir-Fry. Plate was piled high with white rice (no, healthier brown rice is not available as an option.) Beef was cut up in small squares -- nothing artful in this presentation. Flavor was okay, nothing to write home about. Second stop I had the Catfish. Again, plate was filled with white rice. Waitress could not tell me what ingredients were in the "Sweet Special Sauce" other than sugar, so I passed on that. She said something about it being chef's secret. Really? I want to know what I'm eating; I wasn't asking for the recipe. Catfish was apparently previously frozen; it had a strong smell and almost no texture; it was not appealing at all; I didn't finish it. Side salads are very ordinary and on the small side. Ukrainian waitress is probably a nice person but had an unnatural manner. The problem is you don't have many choices between Gardiner and Livingston. With this location and appealing ambience, this restaurant is missing an opportunity to really perform on the food side.

2  Thank SuzanneDu
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We drove by the Lighthouse many times on our Yellowstone vacation, and were amazed at the amount of cars out front every night.

After one fun day in the park, we decided to stop and see what the hubbub was about. Boy are we glad we did!

The menu is limited but spectacular! We all found something that interested us, and when the food arrived, we were more than impressed!

We started with the Mac and cheese with truffle appetizer. Delicious! We each had a different entree, and loved them all! They bake dessert on the premises daily, so we all ordered one of their cakes. Delicious again!

Not only was the food great, so was the waitstaff. Erica took care of us and she was a delight.

We highly recommend the Lighthouse!!!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Perfect little spot for dinner - great service and especially delicious cake for dessert! our family of five left happy!