“Absolutely Fabulous”

Ranked #1 of 6 Gardiner B&B and Inns
Cumbria
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We only stayed here because we couldn't get any more than 2 days in the government accommodation in the Yellowstone National Park, I am so glad we were unable to get what we wanted in the national park. It is literally 1 mile from the park gate and perhaps 3 or 4 from Mammoth Hot Springs so its very close indeed.
The room was excellent, spacious and had a kitchen in it, as well as a separate bedroom. There was a great big TV in the living room and the kitchen had a large fridge, oven, toaster and kettle (i.e fully equipped). It seems that this used to be a motel but has gone through a very luxurious refurbishment.
The owner of the place was extremely helpful and recommended a great restaurant up the road just outside the town.
This was just what we needed after 2 nights in the very spartan and overpriced government lodges within the Yellowstone park.

Room Tip: You can't fail to get a good room here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Savoy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Days 18-20 of our epic road trip, my family of 2 adults and 3 kids stayed at the Yellowstone Gateway Inn in a 1 bedroom suite. It was such a nice break from hotels and so much nicer than a similar layout in Jackson just prior. We had our own comfy king bedroom with Direct tv access and blue day player. Kids had the living room with fold out sofa and a blow up twin we brought. They also had a tv and blue ray. Full kitchen was so helpful. Full sized fridge, all necessary utensils, coffee maker, tea kettle....and a nice supply of organic coffee and teas! Nice touch. 2 possible ways to improve: the sofa bed was not comfy....my 2 girls who are 8 & 11 noticed it, so I don't think adults would miss that reality. Also, the dining table only had 2 chairs. A couple more would've fit and would've been useful. Really, besides that, we loved our 2 nights there. Clean, well taken care of place.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Uberkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife booked this place so I didn't know what to expect. When we got there we came in from the back entrance which was on a gravel road....I was skeptical at this point. When we pulled in, it looked nice and freshly painted, but didn't seem "great"....good, but not great. When my wife went in to check in, the owner escorted us to our room. My son came running to the car (as I was still moving it) and said, "You won't believe this place". I walked in and got my first impression of the place...it was very clean and modern on the inside and very well decorated. I was impressed at this point and the good started to move toward great. But then....I went to the master bedroom.....WOW is all I can say. It was once of the nicest "hotel/motel" rooms I have ever been in. We had several days left in Yellowstone and we all talked about how we wished we could just stay here for the rest of the trip. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank matt6502
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

After making a last minute decision to come into Yellowstone from the North Gate, I called the Inn hoping for a room. They had just had a cancellation! When we drove into the lot we were greeted by a pregnant cow elk and got our first look at the Inn. My first impression was not a great one even though the units were fresh looking from the outside. I checked in and was escorted to our 2 bed unit. When the door opened I saw a very nice queen bed, and Avery nice kitchen area. I thought this was the master bed and expected a hide away bed for our son. Wrong!! I was taken to to the back of the unit past a very nicely appointed bathroom and into the master bedroom. WOW!! What a wonderful surprise. All I can sY is that you will not be disappointed. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Reserve your room very early unless you are hoping to get as lucky as we did!
2 Thank Phil C
Catawba, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We lucked out, as there was a last minute cancellation, and I'm so glad it worked out. So many Yellowstone area hotels are overpriced chain hotels, but this place is a delight. The unit had a living room, dining area, a full kitchen, and a nice bedroom with a king bed. Everything is just so well done - no scrimping! The bathroom was really nice, with plentiful, thick towels. There was a huge flat screen in the living room (with Blu ray player), and a second tv in the bedroom. Wifi was fast. The coffee was good. There was even half and half in the fridge (which was a full sized refrigerator/freezer).

We wanted to stay longer just to enjoy the comfort. I would definitely stay here again when I revisit the area.

London,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wonderful accommodation with everything you could possible need in an accommodation even down to a make up mirror, proper hair dryer and night light in the bathroom. The coffee for the coffee machine was delicious.My husband was particularly appreciative of the sports channels on the large flat screen TV. Excellent location for a trip to Yellowstone NP.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom unit for 3 nights on a trip to Yellowstone with friends. Check-in was easy, the place was immaculate, comfortable, and roomy. We chose this place due to the good reviews and were not disappointed. It has a laid back atmosphere that makes you feel welcome and was a great beginning to our trip. You can walk across the street to a grocery store that stays open until 10 and that was nice since we sometimes didn't get in from the park before most of the restaurants closed. I wish we could have stayed longer and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Texans2Go
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#3 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,935 reviews
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Yellowstone Basin Inn
Yellowstone Basin Inn
#2 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Yellowstone Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!