We stayed here three nights in September while touring Yellowstone NP. It is conveniently located just north of the entrance to Yellowstone and close to downtown Gardiner. We had a two bedroom suites with full kitchen and living room accommodations. The rooms have been recently renovated, and are kept very clean. There was a porch with seating and a picnic table if you wanted to eat outside. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, each bedroom had a TV, and there was a large flat screen TV in the living room. Based on other comments regarding the hotel, we thought we would take a chance and glad we did. As with most hotels in the vicinity of Yellowstone, they have some quirky requirements regarding refunds/cancellations and use of the room...so make sure you read them before booking. Their requirements didn't bother us because we knew when we would be staying and had no intention of canceling before our arrival. The continental breakfast was typical hotel fare, muffins, toast, bagles, juice and coffee/tea but we aren't breakfast people anyway. The pool was nice and well-kept. Don't be surprised to be greeted by Elk on the front lawn while staying there. The Elk seem to come around in the evening, eat, lay on the lawn for awhile before moving on. They were mostly cows but I'm sure there was a bull around somewhere near. I would highly recommend the Yellowstone Village Inn as a place to stay in Gardiner. I thought I had taken pics of the suite but can't find them but did find a few of the elk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property has been completely renovated and is very clean and comfortable. Yellowstone Village Inn closes every year during the winter months for deep cleaning and renovation, so our property is clean and inviting to our guests during the summer months. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yellowstone Village Hotel Gardiner
- Yellowstone Village Gardiner
- Yellowstone Village Inn Gardiner, Montana