We had a one night stop before an early start to look for wildlife in the Lamar Valley. Our room was comfortable, but not particularly quiet, as there was a lot of pedestrian traffic along the corridors (but no vehicular traffic outside the room as it's set back from the road). The breakfast, available from 6.30, is very basic with toast, muffins and hot drinks, which were useful to take away. I would choose to stay in the park if you can afford it. We got a cheaper room (admittedly not en suite) at the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, which was much more atmospheric, but you need to book ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property has been completely renovated and is very clean and comfortable. Yellowstone Village Inn closes every year during the winter months for deep cleaning and renovation, so our property is clean and inviting to our guests during the summer months. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yellowstone Village Hotel Gardiner
- Yellowstone Village Gardiner
- Yellowstone Village Inn Gardiner, Montana