“Amazing Breakfast”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a family owned and operated business serving fresh ingredients using local Montana ingredients as much as possible. Made to order Breakfasts are served from 7AM-11:30 PM, Lunch/Dinner from 11AM- 9PM. Yellowstone Grill is open 6 days a week. We are closed on Mondays. Sunday open fro 7AM-2PM.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last week I had the opportunity to be in Gardner Montana. This beautiful little town is most notable as having the Northern entrance into Yellowstone National Park and the popular Roosevelt Arch.
I've been to Gardiner many times and have always been somewhat ambivalent about the dining selection. Mostly as it relates to the breakfast and lunch options as you do have a fair selection for the evening. So, let me simply say, that problem has been corrected! Friends had mentioned the Yellowstone Grill so I went in on Sunday morning to judge for myself. I'm nearly 50 years old And I grew up in the South where breakfast can be a near religious experience..my wife and I and 7 year old daughter ordered what seemed like one of everything the breakfast menu portrayed. We had, in no particular order; breakfast tacos, hashbrowns, French toast, pancakes, omelette, eggs, bacon and a cinnamon roll and coffee, milk, orange juice, soda, and a mimosa. I know, it sounds gluttonous and probably is but oh well, we wasted very little of what we were served. It was all excellent. Period. The breakfast tacos were not your typical anemic duo. There was substance to these and I chose the bacon equipped option and 2 would be enough for most normal people. But not me on this morning! I also had the French toast and it was the best I have ever had. I know some restaurant out there has the slogan "in sight must be right" and this is exactly what you get here. I really only saw one person doing the cooking who I later found out was the owner. The remainder of the staff was young men and women none of whom looked to be over 25. Don't let that bother you however because they all gave excellent service in whatever was asked from what I saw. My family's food all followed suit with mine and both my wife and little girl raved about the cinnamon roll! Not sure what was homemade and what wasn't and I really don't care. It all tasted great and looked great and the price was absolutely reasonable. Not much more I can add that would be of merit to anyone other than this..no one paid me a promotional consideration to write this review, I have no ownership in the Yellowstone Grill nor am I related to anyone that is.
Having said all this I can only add one disappointment, I just didn't have time to try their lunch menu!
Happy Dining and bravo to the owners and staff at Yellowstone Grill,
Andrew P

1  Thank Bynum P

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Typical food fares for the breakfast menu but tasty enough that we returned for breakfast the following morning. Typical pricing is about $10 a person. Can be a bit slow to get your food but it's not a shabby little place. Try it!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Three of us in our party - looking for a place to eat a good breakfast. We stopped in to the Yellowstone Grill and had eggs, toast and bacon. Everything was cooked perfect! Eggs over easy, homemade hashbrowns, and thick sliced bacon - even the bread was homemade! I think even the strawberry jam was homemade.. Really good food. The restaurant inside is very open and can be a little noisy - I couldn't hear my party's conversation but we were able to secure a table outside in front and sat where we could chat, watch the world go by and enjoy every bite! Two thumbs up!

1  Thank Vstil
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I had just arrived in town when our hotel staff recommended this grill. We were not disappointed, the food was excellent and the owner/staff were very friendly. What more can you ask for when looking for a good lunch location. I understand they also serve breakfast.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch and while originally disappointed with the limited menu options, the food was really good.

Things were not as organized as most restaurants, my burrito was served in a minute, my wife's hot dog and fries took more than 10 minutes.

The staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was casual.