Hillcrest Cottages
US$160
US$155
Hotels.com
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotels.com
Yellowstone Valley Lodge(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$181
No availability for your dates from our partners
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoffee makerburner stovescott streetstay there againkitchen utensilsgas stationsmall refrigeratorair conditionercable tvtwo queen bedsquiet at nightroom was cleanclose to townprice was reasonablelabor day weekendroosevelt archwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked this based on price, location and amenities offered and we feel Annie and Art delivered on all of these. The area was quiet and within the town so nowhere was more than a 5-10 minute walk, if that. We borrowed enough crockery and kitchen utensils to be able to make ourselves basic meals but to be honest, there are a good selection of tempting restaurants around Gardiner so we quickly abandoned our idea of preparing any other food than breakfast. When we did use the appliances they all worked fine and without incident.

Bed was clean and comfy and I think the towel fairies made an appearance every day to change them, even tho we would've happily kept the same for a few days. Wifi was a secure connection but sometimes a bit sketchy, having said that, we didn't come all the way to Yellowstone to be glued to the Internet.

The park entrance is literally up the street and round the corner and for $88 a night for.a queen bed cottage in this area, you really can't go wrong, Both Art and Annie were very helpful and friendly too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loungefly_Girl
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've been to Yellowstone about a dozen times since my first trip in 2007. I discovered Hillcrest Cottages in 2008 and have stayed there during every trip since. The owners are very friendly and helpful, and I have always been pleased with my stay. Several times I've had to slightly adjust my travel arrangements (dates and/or number of beds/rooms) and they've always been patient with me and accommodating.

The cottages are clean, well maintained, and equipped with microwave, small fridge, and two burner stove. For those who need cookware, plates, bowls, cups, etc....all you have to do is ask the owners. Most of the cottages have a small porch that you can sit on, which is especially nice in the fall when the elk are active on and around the property.

The cottages provide a nice place to wind down after a long day in the park, and a comfortable place to sleep at night at an affordable rate. Yes, the cottages are small....that's why they're called "cottages"!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay here. The cottages are in a convenient location right near the entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Our cottage was very small, but clean, and well equipped with a microwave and fridge, which is always a nice touch. My only complaint was the window unit air conditioner was located in the corner, so it took hours to cool down such a tiny area. Wifi worked fine in our cabin, and we were on the outskirts of the place. Would probably stay here again, as Gardiner is very overpriced and this was a good deal compared to everything else in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The rooms at Hillcrest at extremely pleasant and have all the amenities (minus a hairdryer) that you need including a microwave, coffee maker, and minifridge. The room was clean and spacious with nice little touches (artwork that references the local scenery). The satellite tv connection in our room was a bit fuzzy but who needs television when you're at the entrance of an amazing national park.

The innkeepers were super friendly and helpful (i.e. giving directions to laundromat, helping us with recycling)

Would recommend to anyone who is interested in staying near the north side of Yellowstone but not interested in spending a lot of cash!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Friendly Owners, excellent value for the location. Enjoyed the stay. It is a self sufficient place to stay. So if you like just doing your thing, gathering you groceries and generally being on your own. This is an excellent place. The owner will get you anything you need you just have to ask. I enjoy this type of accommodation. I am usually busy doing lots of things in the park so I just want a place to relax a little at night, cook some dinner and breakfast and roll on with my plan.

Absolutely perfect for this!

Room Tip: Cabins are different sizes and prices. Be sure if you are a "lot of room" type you ask for one of the larger cabins. I have stayed in the small ones and the large ones. Family of four will want cabin D
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends