I booked my stay at the Yellowstone Basin Inn about 7 months ahead of my trip, based on a random internet search of hotels in the Gardiner, MT area. The place looked appealing as well as intriguing on the internet advertising calf roping lessons, a hot tub, and a number of interesting sounding room names for accommodations. I was pleasantly surprised upon arriving at the hospitality and personal attention offered by Greg the owner and later experienced a the great gourmet breakfast prepared by his wife Sabina. My room was simple, yet clean and comfortable with a western flavor with log furniture, etc.
The Inn is about 3 miles north of Gardiner and was a nice drive into town, with the distance to the north entrance to Yellowstone about 5 miles from the Inn.
Great place to stay with a lot of piece and quiet. I didn't take advantage of the hot tub and the breakfast every day, but it was a bargain and a very pleasant place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family-run Inn just a few miles north of Gardiner. Our first priority is to welcome you as friends and help you have an unforgettable Yellowstone experience. Comfortable, clean and inviting rooms. This is the Yellowstone you came to see: quiet, scenic mountain views, with wild animals roaming freely. •Enjoy our complimentary hot local/organic breakfast buffet May-Oct. •One-on-one personal Yellowstone itinerary planning included. •Smoke-free and pet-free property •Certificates of Excellence 2011-2016 •Free Wifi, HDTV, private bath, air-conditioning. •Some kitchenettes and full kitchens • Incredible views of the park • Porch with bistro tables/rockers (May-Oct) • Free calf roping lessons on the front lawn (May-Oct) •We make green choices: We recycle. We use earth-friendly laundry soap and natural cleaning products. Free organic toiletries in room. Duvet-style bedding for extra cleanliness. Sustainable bamboo towels. Eco-harvested Made in Montana log furniture. We are active in our local area to help keep the Yellowstone ecosystem loved, cared for, protected and valued. Savor your time with us: Relax and watch a mountain sunset. Calf roping (lassoing) with the owner right in our front yard. Tell stories to other guests on the front porch and listen to theirs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Yellowstone Basin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yellowstone Basin Hotel Gardiner
- Yellowstone Basin Inn Gardiner, Montana