“Clean, functional motel at a reasonable price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Yellowstone River Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
Idaho Falls
“Clean, functional motel at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location is excellent, good price and clean. My family rented 2 rooms. One was rather small with a cramped shower and the other room was larger with a regular sized tub/shower. Both rooms were clean and comfortable enough. The rooms were a good value for the 1 night we stayed. The reception gentleman was very friendly and helpful. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Denise S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The staff here were very friendly, pleasant, and accommodating. They were helpful and knowledgable about the area. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel. It is a very clean motel, close to shops and restaurants walking distance. The back of the motel over looks the river. Would stay here again, and recommend it to others. Betty was awesome.

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank verna506
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this motel last September and we felt that it was a very nice place and a good value for the money. We had a room in the back of the motel property that was only adjoined by 1 room and it had a back door that opened up to face the river. We didn't ask for this room but it was a pleasant surprise!!!! There were some restaurants and shops within walking distance and we felt very safe later at night walking around. The man who checked us in wasn't over the top friendly but he was nice enough. We would stay here again on a trip to Yellowstone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank horsedoc24
World
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed here in October, 2012. The very first time I entered the lobby I received a warm welcome; they didn't have a room for three so they gave us a mini-apartment at the same price of a standard room.
The apartment was great, the location was great and the deers were just outside the door...it was like sleeping in Yellowstone itself!
We stayed here for two nights while visiting Yellowstone...in our plans we had to move to West Yellowstone on the third day, but we enjoyed the "Yellowstone River" so much we asked for two more nights; unfortunately there weren't vacancy!
If you're planning to visit Yellowstone, go with the "Yellowstone River", you won't regret the choice!!
Don't forget to visit the patio on the river...and to play with the friendly dog!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Francesco C
NE PA USA
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Our family of 5 stayed here one night on our way from Bozeman to Wyoming via Yellowstone NP.. I called the motel after reading reviews on TA. I actually called a few times, trying to figure out the best room arrangement because of our family size and 2 boys 1 girl gender mix. Each time I called I spoke to a different staff member, but they were all very courteous and worked to give me the best price. We ended up booking a 3 bedroom kitchenette (really a full kitchen, fully stocked). So we could freeze and refrigerate our water bottles for the park the next day. The kitchen and bathroom were immaculate. The bathroom was very good size. Our 17 yr old son had a double bed in a small room, and the other two had twin beds in a room. My husband and I had our own room and air conditioner. The TV is in the kitchen up on the wall--there isn't a living room (or sofa); but the kids didn't seem to mind. With all the travel time in the car, they were happy just to have time to watch tv. I would definitely stay here again. It is an older property, but for being right down the street from the gate to YNP, it was very economical. We left bright and early in the morning, so didn't have coffee & donuts that were offered (office opens at 7:30 am). I would stay here again. It was within walking distance of shops and restaurants, and while the kids watched tv, my husband and I walked around, had a beverage by the river, and came back with pizza. If you are staying a few days, this would be an economical room because of the kitchen. Lodging can be quite pricey so close to Yellowstone, but I thought the rate for what we had was very reasonable. The room was also quiet. This particluar "room" doesn't have a view, but because of its location, you can easily get out and take a walk around the corner from the room to see the river.

Room Tip: If you have a family of 5 or 6, ask for the 3 bedroom kitchenette.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank UkieFinnGirl
St. Louis
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We were staying south of Yellowstone Park, and decided to spend two days driving the park, which put us in Gardiner Mt. overnight. After a recommendation by a park ranger in Jackson, we stayed at the Yellowstone River, I can't thank that ranger enough. Yellowstone is an old fashioned motor motel, without any frills, but with hugely friendly staff, great location, great recommdations, and as people have said before, that great little area out back that overlooks the Yellowstone River. It's not a Hyatt. It's much more fun..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank St.LouisEileen
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great place and the best location to visit northeast of Yellowstone. Lamer Valley is the best place to watch wildlife in Yellowstone, and the location of this motel is very convenient to commute between the town and valley. Rooms are clean, good view of Yellowstone River from the patio, and are three stars for our family.

Room Tip: Room with kitchen located in the back of the property recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank madison_junction
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 8 in Gardiner
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,945 reviews
Super 8 Gardiner/Yellowstone Park Area
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
Yellowstone Gateway Inn
#2 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Yellowstone River Motel? Share your experiences!