Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
  • Restaurant
Dunraven Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
Cascade Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
All reviewspub and grillcomfortable hotelroom was cleana bit overpricedthe breakfast areahot breakfastyogurtthe wi fidonutswould definitely stay here againparking lotstayed nightsafter a long daygreat place to staygrocery storepark entranceroosevelt arch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I really do not understand all the negative reviews about this property. My husband and I stayed at the motel recently and found it to be an excellent base for touring the northern sections of Yellowstone. The motel is an older property, but our room had been recently updated with new carpet and bedding, and the room was very clean and comfortable. All of the staff with whom we came in contact during our visit were quite pleasant and helpful. We ate dinner at the motel restaurant one evening and enjoyed a very good meal. The price of our room might be considered a bit high by some travelers, but we thought it quite reasonable for a resort area during the summer season. My only complaint would be with the breakfast bar. Although the food was fine the presentation of the meal did not seem to be up to usual Choice Hotel standards. Gardiner Montana is a nice little mountain town at the very north edge of the park. There is a wonderful Yellowstone Association Visitors Center there which is located in a historic building and staffed by people very knowledgeable about Yellowstone.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Having been to Yellowstone before I highly recommend Gardiner over West Yellowstone if you are not able to get a room at one of the National Park lodges - which is the best option. Gardiner is much mellower than West Yellowstone and super convenient to the park. The hotel is on the quiet end of town but in walking distance to restaurants - all over priced, better to eat in the park before leaving . The staff is super friendly and the checkin was efficient. This is pricey lodging - $150/night, but that is within the range of other equivalent lodging. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bedding was excellent. My only complaint about the room is I wish it would have a micro/fridge which is a great convenience for cooling down drinks for your touring around the park. The internet was fast enough, the tv had limited channels but sufficient to catch up on the news and chill out. The breakfast was very good - eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, yogurt, milk, juice, fresh fruit and a good assortment of breads and cereals. There is a restaurant/lounge on the premises which we did not try. There is a game room with hot tubs, pool and ping pong tables. I would also recommend an outdoor sitting area besides a few benches on the front drive. There is a lovely view from the front.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Terrible place. Dark smelly rooms. Room smelled like mold and cigarette smoke. Horrible beds, so soft I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. Staff was very rude and unaccomadating. Manager of hotel didnt even seem to care, just looked at me when I explained how disapointed I was. Breakfast was nothing special. Not worth staying here at all-unless you like dark, smelly, run by rude unapproachable staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank josie123seattle_WA
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Liked the location to Yellowstone, but that's about it. There were teeny little bugs in our bathroom, carpet was nasty. Cook had just quit, so breakfast was OK the first morning, but basic continental the second day. We had read promotion of their "great" ribs and decided to eat in the restaurant "Antler Pub & Grill" for dinner. I had the ribs and they were the worst I have ever tried to eat. My husband had the bison steak, which the description said "you won't be disappointed"--he was..it was very tough. When we complained to our waitress, she was very nice and came back with a $6 reduction in our ticket. The next morning, we got a 6:00 a.m. wake up call that we did not request!! Hot tubs had a strong bleach odor that burned my eyes just walking into the area. Won't be back here..certainly not does not meet the standard of Choice Hotels we have stayed at before or since.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmaccat
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I have to concur with other reviewers that the hotel does have a bad odor. This was most pronounced in the hallways. It smells like old socks. Our toilet had definitely not been cleaned prior to our arrival. If you can get past these significant issues (I can't) than the location is good. The arrangement of the room for our 5 person group was excellent. We had a room with 2 queens and an adjoining room (accessible only from the first room - not a connecting room) with an additional queen. The breakfast food was repetitive but edible. The mattresses were of inferior quality. When one person moved in bed the other was awakened. The front office staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family