“Rooms smell like gas and terrible customer service”
Review of Days Inn Glendive

Days Inn Glendive
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Glendive
Wisdom, Montana
“Rooms smell like gas and terrible customer service”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Because of the oil boom i made reservations 1 month in advance. After driving for 10 hours we arrived around 930 pm and checked into our room. We opened the door and the room smelled like gas. The front desk gal came down and agreed but said they were full and had no other rooms. The other hotels were full..we had to sleep with the window open all night.I had to leave the room with a terrible headache and tried to sleep in my truck. Went to the front desk in the morning to speak with a manager they said they would be in at 0700..waited until 0730 and no one arrived. The front desk said they could not do anything that I had to speak to a manager. I called the next day and the manager said she could not do anything about some form of reimbursement that she would send the info to the owner and he would call me. Days later still no contact. They had charged my credit card for the full price.
I finally had to call the Days Inn franchise custormer service to complain and the owner finally called and left a voice mail to call him..so i did and he said he could not talk to me then and he would call me back..never happened. The manager was rude and the owner unconcerned about this property or the customer. You CANNOT rent rooms to people that are a hazard the do nothing about it..they don't care to because they are full with oil workers but when the boom is over it will be customers like us that keep them in buisness as we did before the boom. Don't give this place your business..there are other nice places in town with much better service and and concern for their customers!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank traveler5942013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Effingham
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I did not realize the oil boom was affecting towns as far south as Glendive and was surprised when the first two motels I checked were full. The Days Inn had a handicapped room which the lady said she could let me have--maybe because of the late hour I arrived. The room was clean and provided all the basics well without unnecessary luxuries such as large granite countertops, king size bed, and unused space. The internet was reliable both night and morning and the desk had convenient plug-ins. I did not figure out how to regulate the heat and the next morning the lady at the desk told me the control was on what appeared to be a window air conditioner, not the wall thermostat. However I was not cold. The continental breakfast was adequate, I liked the providing of hard boiled eggs. Both night and day staff were friendly and helpful.

The price at $88 is not a good value in my opinion, but with the oil boom it is not surprising.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Helena
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I made a reservation a week in advance. This is becoming a very crowed area with many oil field workers. When I made the reservation, the desk work Anthony, was very distracted. There was a lot of noise in the background. I have stayed at this hotel many times over seven years. It is not a clean place, smells of stale smoke, and the beds are not the best. But all I really cared about was having a place to crash.
I found out the day I was to go that Anthony mistyped my reservation date. I did not previously receive a confirmation email. Instead I was charged for two nights for not showing up. No one answered the phone for the majority of the day to speak with them. After a very long 15 hour day, I arrived in a rain storm only to find out that my entire reservation was canceled and I was, quiet literally, left out in the rain. They lack hospitailty, respect for their guest, and professionalism. They would not do anything to fix the charges. I found out I was lied to about who the manager was, when I asked to speak to a higher athority about my charges. Anthony said it was him, when it wasn't. Probably so he wouldn't get in trouble for making the mistake.
There are two very nice hotels across the street for a bit more.They have recently been built. I would highly advise visting them! Don't bother staying at Days Inn if you have any respect for yourself. They don't respect their establishment and won't respect you either.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle M
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The place does show it's age and obviously popular with area oil field workers. My first impression was the lobby area seemed dirty. The check in was fine. The room was really small. I can't remember when I had a room so small if ever. The room was fairly clean with the exception of the toilet. I won't go into detail. Anyway, I don't get to Glendive often, but next time I will be staying at a different place. Like I said, okay maybe in a pinch but that's about it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business