“So close to a 4”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Glendive
grandmahenry
“So close to a 4”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

It could have been a four. The downside was that the hallways and in fact our room, smelled of smoke. That and the fact that the pillows were like polyster rocks. Truly cheap and awful. It was for one night and was okay, we had no major problems but it needed a bit of TLC. Would we go back? Maybe for one night. Our room 128, was really close to the door and every time someone exited or entered we could hear the door clunk and clank, so if you're a light sleeper go for another room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The room was a bit on the small side, but quite adequate and clean. With a coffee maker, microwave, fridge, free wi-fi, nice tv, and allowing traveling pets (Buddy Duke of Pembroke) that's exactly what I needed after driving through blowing snow for five hours.

It was in a quiet location on the north side of the Interstate Highway.

Because this area is at the edge of the oil boom, be sure to call ahead to the friendly reservations staff. The oil boom has increase prices within at least a 100 mile radius.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelWriter59718
BOISE
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was good! Front desk pleasant and room reasonable. Pet friendly, however...non-smokers beware. My room was non-smoke but the hall had "the smell"... I am thinking it may be that if you travel with pets you get that hall. The upstairs did not smell. :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LORI N
Wisdom, Montana
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Because of the oil boom i made reservations 1 month in advance. After driving for 10 hours we arrived around 930 pm and checked into our room. We opened the door and the room smelled like gas. The front desk gal came down and agreed but said they were full and had no other rooms. The other hotels were full..we had to sleep with the window open all night.I had to leave the room with a terrible headache and tried to sleep in my truck. Went to the front desk in the morning to speak with a manager they said they would be in at 0700..waited until 0730 and no one arrived. The front desk said they could not do anything that I had to speak to a manager. I called the next day and the manager said she could not do anything about some form of reimbursement that she would send the info to the owner and he would call me. Days later still no contact. They had charged my credit card for the full price.
I finally had to call the Days Inn franchise custormer service to complain and the owner finally called and left a voice mail to call him..so i did and he said he could not talk to me then and he would call me back..never happened. The manager was rude and the owner unconcerned about this property or the customer. You CANNOT rent rooms to people that are a hazard the do nothing about it..they don't care to because they are full with oil workers but when the boom is over it will be customers like us that keep them in buisness as we did before the boom. Don't give this place your business..there are other nice places in town with much better service and and concern for their customers!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank traveler5942013
Effingham
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I did not realize the oil boom was affecting towns as far south as Glendive and was surprised when the first two motels I checked were full. The Days Inn had a handicapped room which the lady said she could let me have--maybe because of the late hour I arrived. The room was clean and provided all the basics well without unnecessary luxuries such as large granite countertops, king size bed, and unused space. The internet was reliable both night and morning and the desk had convenient plug-ins. I did not figure out how to regulate the heat and the next morning the lady at the desk told me the control was on what appeared to be a window air conditioner, not the wall thermostat. However I was not cold. The continental breakfast was adequate, I liked the providing of hard boiled eggs. Both night and day staff were friendly and helpful.

The price at $88 is not a good value in my opinion, but with the oil boom it is not surprising.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo