“Needs help”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Glendive
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Needs help”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed at this motel several times before. I was hoping this would be better. The room was supposed to be a "King Suite". It wasn't very sweet. Big room, smelled of cleaning solution but wasn't very clean. Only one chair, too dirty to sit on. This property in general need updating or refreshing. Breakfast room is small and dark and not very inviting. The place was pretty depressing. I don't understand the good reviews. I travel and stay in a lot of motels. This is not a very good representative of Choice Hotels. I spent 20,000 points to stay here. Big mistake. I won't be staying here again. It is a stop on the highway but not a very good one.

Room Tip: Try another motel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
middletown, ct
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Don't spend the extra $50 a night for the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Customer service was fine, the room was clean, the pool was fantastic with a huge hot tub. Location is awesome, right off the interstate. We couldn't stay in western ND because of their changing economy and soaring hotel room rates, so drove an hour out of the way from Dickinson to Glendive and it was well worth it. The town is nice too. Breakfast was pretty lame, but had all of the basics. I would certainly go back here, and if I was ever on the I-94 corridor out that way, I'd go out of my way to stay here.

Room Tip: No difference, basically same view either side and noise level is equal
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank yanks250125
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This motel provided everything we expected and more. The check in process was quick and efficient. The personnel were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the wireless Internet service was easy to connect to and worked very well. The breakfast was more than adequate for our needs. The entire experience was enjoyable, and we definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 574MN_traveler
Orangeville, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the place to stay in Glendive! Clean and modern. We had an issue with our booking (through an awful 3rd party web-site.) The staff stayed on the phone until it was resolved!! We were very grateful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Granite Falls, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you're looking for a reasonably price room anywhere in Glendive, keep driving. Rooms start at $90/night because of the local economy and the oil boom. We selected the Comfort Inn because we have had good experiences staying at other Comfort Inn properties. Our room was $98. It was a simple room, nothing fancy. The problems started with the woman running the front desk. She apparently was the only person running the property on a Memorial Day weekend (Saturday). She was covered in piercings and had an attitude that she'd rather be anywhere but there. She never gave us the wi-fi access code. When I tried to call downstairs from the room to get it, the phone rang and rang and rang. I went downstairs to see if I could find her. No one was at the front desk. I tried calling the manager; it rings the front desk. Finally the woman returned and was unapologetic about being away and neglecting to give us the access code. One of the card keys she gave us didn't work. A sign posted at the front desk proudly proclaims that customer service is their number one priority and that if the customer isn't happy, they will fix it. I asked to check out and have my room charges reversed. The woman claimed she didn't know how to do it and that her manager was off the long weekend and that she wasn't allowed to use her personal number. I called customer service at Comfort Inns and had one of the reps talk directly to the front desk clerk who suddenly remembered how to back out the charges. She was completely rude throughout the whole process and never apologized for the problems. For $98/night, I expect better customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TracyWfromWA
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

For under $100 we got a King bed room which was modern & very clean. The towels were wonderfully soft, a change from the stiff crunchy towels you usually get at lower priced hotels. Complimentary continental breakfast was included and the buffet was typical of a Comfort Inn: a good mix of hot & cold items. Front desk staff was friendly & there is a bar/restaurant open 24 hours right across the street for entertainment.

Stayed December 2013
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel was beautiful inside and out. We had a nice appointed room with a really comfortable bed. The TV was good and the channel selections coincided with the welcome packet (as not the case in the prior 4 hotels we stayed in on this trip). Good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple