“Short visit, bad wifi”

Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Short visit, bad wifi”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a really short visit (about 2 hours). The staff were great but the wifi didn't work. I had full bars in the hallway, 3 bars as soon as I entered the room and no bars at the office table. We played musical rooms and on the 3rd room they put me in I got 3 bars consistently but it kept disconnecting anyway. I left after 2 hours of trying to get the wireless working. It worked without an issue at the next hotel I went to. They did give me a full refund with no fuss when I left though.
They have a Perkins attached to the motel, which is nice, but they don't offer a continental breakfast because of it.
The rooms themselves were actually very nice and clean. The layout leaves something to be desired for the single rooms, with the closest power outlet being behind the TV, but the two bed rooms are arranged much better. The view was extremely lacking in all 3 rooms I got to see but if you pull into the parking lot here expecting a view you have issues.
All things considered even if the wifi was working I don't think this would be my first choice next time, the lack of a free breakfast makes the 10$ you save compared to the competition kind of a mute point and it's just off the main drag enough to not even be ideal for a quick stop sleep and dash if you're on a long trip. You could certainly do worse but it won't be my first choice next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
PEGGY O, Owner at Midtown Motel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
I did get our tech people here on Monday to tell me one of my remote access points was dead and apparently that causes the entire system to fail We are now working on getting all new remote access points and hopefully they will be up and running within a week. I apologize again for the inconvenience of the WIFI and hopefully you will give us another chance if you are in the Great Falls area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The location is ok. The rooms were ok for the area. The room was not clean bathroom floor was unswept toilet seat was dirty(feces on the seat). There was sticky stuff on the pillow of one bed the sheets looked dirty. I complained so they brought us cleaning supplies and sheets. So we could clean it up ourselves. We decide to sleep on the inlaws floor and left. The other people in our group's rooms were ok. 1 rm out of 4 was bad but it was really bad.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank 30711wyo
PEGGY O, Owner at Midtown Motel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I was dismayed to hear of your recent stay at MidTown Motel. This is certainly not our standard of cleanliness or of customer service. I have reprimanded the housekeepers involved and spoken to my two desk clerks about their reaction to your complaint. Of course this should not have happened in the first place but once we were made aware of the situation on of the employees should have stepped in and did the cleaning and changing of linens. Unfortunately we were full that evening or we could have offered another room.
I would like to offer some compensation for your inconvenience if you would please contact me at the hotel
Once again I apologize.
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Soo clean ! And the staff is amazing :) so affordable and Has a restaurant attached with great food. I would recommend it to everyone I know. It also gas the sweetest bed spreads :) with cute little patterns

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vanessa M
Great Falls, Montana, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have great memories of staying in this local hotel. The Midtown Hotel has just the cozy atmosphere and aesthetics for a bargain stay in downtown Great Falls. Easy walking distance to the Missouri River, the Electric City Waterpark 17 minutes, and Gibson Park 10 minutes. Public pool at the Great Falls Natatorium is a 11 minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here while visiting family in Great Falls and we were very impressed by this motel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even in the middle of the night. The location was great. Right downtown, close to many bars and restaurants. Great for exploring the city. I will stay here during all my future visit to Great Falls.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank emmelton
NEW YORK
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here one night after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Figured I would give it a try. Room was pretty good for the price, a bit dated but pretty clean. Only downside was that my wife got bit up pretty bad by something. I did noticed a crawling bug in my bed, but it didn't look like a bed-bug. Strange my wife got bit up, but I didn't. (Two seperate beds). Maybe pet animal fleas? Only other downside was there is no hair dryer in room. Got to go to front desk (located in the Restaurant) to get one.

Can't really say if I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
PEGGY O, Manager at Midtown Motel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I emailed guest and believe the situation has been resolved without any more issues. He said that his spouse had a few bites on her but he had none and he wasn't sure if she was bitten at our motel or somewhere else.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Our check in experience was very pleasant. The motel room had plenty of room. It was very clean. For a motel the bed was good, a tad soft for me, but I like a very firm mattress. Good pillows, and plenty of towels. The motel also has a Perkins restaurant with it, that served us the best breakfast we had on our trip. Ample portions, good coffee, good prices and great waitresses. The only problem was at check out Saturday morning, the desk clerk was loud and obnoxious.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business