“Best downtown coffee”

Crooked Tree Coffee and Cakes
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Great Falls
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is the best downtown coffee spot. Wifi, best pastries in town, run by two sisters that make it a favorite hangout for ages 15 to 90. Occasional impromptu music, I had Karla Adolphe play there once, and also help produce a show with some young people. if you like coffee, and friendly folks, it is a "local secret" you need to try.

There are newer reviews for Crooked Tree Coffee and Cakes

Reviewed 19 September 2013

If anything beware their cupcakes are delicious and you will want to try all the favors. So far German chocolate is my favorite.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We've been visiting Great Falls regularly for a few years now but it took my daughter to discover The Crooked Tree just a block off Central on First Avenue North, near downtown shopping. She is gluten sensitive and was searching for a shop that offered gluten free alternatives. We didn't all indulge in gluten free offerings but we did all love what we ordered. My grandson devoured a gluten free cinnamon roll. I had a muffin and tried a macaroon, Yum! Their cakes looked divine so later in our visit we went down and ordered a variety of their cupcakes for my son's birthday. I tasted two which were heavenly and everyone seemed to really enjoy theirs. I haven't even mentioned the coffee yet! I am in awe of the artistry they used to decorate the top of my mocha. Once it was a stylish heart and the next a flowing leaf. Very cool! Good coffee too! The only advice I can give is don't get a small, it's only 8 oz., not nearly enough if you love your coffee!
They aren't open Sunday so make sure you go any other day!

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 20 August 2013

After reading the reviews about this place my family and I decided to stop and see what everyone was raving about.We didn't even finish walking through the door when someone started asking us what we wanted.Wait a second! I've never been there before.How do I know what I want.After rushing to order we ended up getting crappy coffee and 2 cupcakes that tasted like any other cupcake.The atmosphere easn't anything great.And they have only "Truvia" for sweetner. (which you need to use 20 to sweeten your coffee).Should have went to Starbucks!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stumbled upon this searching for b'fast downtown GF. Excellent latte and a delightful little savory herb biscuit with egg and bacon and an orange cinnamon roll saved us from a greasy spoon b'fast elsewhere. Wish it had been open Sunday morning, too...