“Crepes and Beer?? Oh, Yes!”
Review of Faster Basset Crepes and Coffee - CLOSED

Faster Basset Crepes and Coffee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Texas
“Crepes and Beer?? Oh, Yes!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a wonderful little place, albeit with a slightly odd arrangement (at least to a Texas girl). Faster Basset is the food and coffee shop portion and The Front is the brewery with a nice selection of beer, cocktails and wine. Though they operate as two separate entities (two doors, buy beer on side, food on the other), customers can flow freely and it really is one restaurant.

The food was fantastic. They have a great selection of savory and dessert crepes as well as a nice assortment of burgers, sandwiches and bar food (think charcuterie platter, duck tacos and something called bacon and sauce, which I found intriguing, but I was too full on crepes to try this time).

I am in town for 6 weeks on business and was delighted to find this place 2 weeks into the trip. I will definitely be back! For those who commented on slow service, I did not find it to be that slow considering I was getting a freshly prepared plate. It was probably 5-6 min for my savory crepe and about 10 for my dessert one to come out, but the number of people who were in the restaurant between the time I placed my two orders probably doubled. I went on a Sunday around 12:30.

They also have a drive through, but the atmosphere is well worth going inside and enjoying yourself.

• Visited February 2014

Montana
“Slow service but good food”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for a beer and burger and while the food was delicious the service was very slow. I was not made aware that when u order food in the bar area you dont get waited on but you have to go to coffee area and place order. Waitress brought menu and then completely ignored me. I finally asked another employee and he informed me about procedure. The burger was very good and I would surely go back for another. If you go just be aware of ordering procedure. The service could be better though.

Great Falls, Montana
“Fun Atmosphere, but actually a Slow Basset”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We love coming to Faster Basset. It has a great atmosphere that is lacking in many places in Great Falls (nice decor, fireplace, variety of seating) and our 1 year old daughter can run around without getting into too many things as well. The coffee has been delicious and I love getting lattes there. The downside is that the time between ordering and receiving your food is extremely slow compared to other coffee shops I have been to. I would recommend this for a nice morning cup of coffee, just make sure you are not in a rush.

• Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Burgers very good”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We came here in the evening mainly to enjoy the brewery but wanted to eat some food as well. My fiancé got the A burger which was very tasty and very filling. I got the chicken cubana which I wasn't a big fan of.

The only thing that I didn't agree with is the fact that when you place your food order at the counter and pay they give you a tip option right away even before you get your food. Considering we have to go up to place our order and all they have to do is punch it in I don't understand why we would tip for that. You are expected to pay a tip before you actually get the service? I'd rather leave a tip at the table afterwards because that's when I'll get more of an idea of the service (how long the food took, were they friendly and accommodating when they brought the food out etc).

1 Thank Marcela32
“Not a fan. ”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I know everyone seems to love this place. I will admit that the atmosphere is really nice and comfortable. But the numerous times we've been there the coffees were just ok. The Crepes however were not good at all. And were difficult to eat. We don't go here anymore.

1 Thank sro406