Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would rate this as a poor hotel. It says that is has been renovated but the room we had did not look at all like it had been updated for years. In a word it seemed somewhat shabby. No public computer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 10 February 2014

There are many great things about this hotel. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We really liked having a kitchenette. We found the location convenient. However, we found the room to be dirty. There were dirty cutlery in the drawer, everything was dusty and there were stains on the wall. The dishes provided were lacking. There wasn't a pot or frying pan to be found. If this hotel were to fix the cleanliness problem it would definitely be a 4 or 4.5 star place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have stayed here 3 times before, and this time around it was disgusting. I had to wipe down the furniture before I could use it (i.e. desk). The floor had food on it from a previous stay. The top sheet on the bed has yellow stains on it. There are multiple coffee stains of the wall in various spots. Next time I may just spend the extra money and stay at the other hotel that has kitchen suites by the courthouse.

Room Tip: Before you check it in, do what your mom used do, and inspect the room for cleanness .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidayvillagerocks
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I like the consept of this hotel with the little kitchenette. I am sure it would be awesome for people working in the area. When we went into room, found mattress to be so hard when you sat on the end the other end went up. Like a teetor totter. After showing this to Debra who was working front desk, she went and found us a room with somewhat better mattress. Had stayed here before and didn't like it because of the mattress. I like to sleep, so not being able to was nasty. The front desk was very helpfull and I thank Debra for helping us.

Room Tip: don't stay here and you won't need a tip
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding Debra; however, I am sorry to hear that the bed in your first room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I went to Great Falls for Black Friday shopping and decided to stay in this property because it looked good enough for catching a break in between shopping sprees. I have to say that this is probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed (and I travel quite a bit). The property is dated and is very poorly up kept. There was a stench of cigarette smoke from the moment we walked in, and it was perceived all over the property. Our room was filthy, there were beer caps on top of the fridge and the carpet look like it had never been vacuumed. I immediately removed the bed covers because they looked disgusting. The beds were all right but everything smelled like smoke. The next morning we went to take a shower and there was NO hot water!! The water started lukewarm and within 30 seconds would turn icy cold! We phone the reception desk and said they would take a look, which they never did. We didn't even bother having breakfast, we just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Would NEVER go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nanbell0
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction and the staff was not responsive to your complaint of having no hot water in the room. In response to your feedback, I have spoken to the front desk staff about being more responsive to guest concerns and am working with the housekeeping staff to ensure that our guest rooms are cleaned according to our company's high standards moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Travelling with a pet is always a hit or miss scenario- extended stay was a hit! Second time staying here on my way through, and was pleased as usual. The price cannot be beat, and the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I would not stay here again and I would not recommend it to anyone either. My husband and I booked our room online and we were bumped from a king size nonsmoking room to a queen size smoking room. When we asked if there was a price difference we were told cheerfully that there would not be. My husband and I were not given any options we either take the smoking room or find a different hotel. My husband and I ended up taking the room because it was a busy weekend and most hotels in the area were full. After some argument we were able to get out bill lowered to that we were only paying for the queen size room.

The room itself was dirty, mostly the bathroom. The towels were dirty and there was someone's pills left on the toilet seat. Of course the room reeked of smoke. And to add another layer of fun the bed was extremely hard so neither my husband or I were able to get any sleep.

Again I would not stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.

Room Tip: Call in and book the room by phone. If you book the room on the company website you run the risk of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Kassie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The condition of your room that you described is unacceptable, as was the guest service you encountered regarding your bill, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with the entire staff to provide a much better guest experience for every guest that stays at our hotel. We will be inspecting each room prior to check-in to ensure cleanliness and all amenities are funtions properly.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.