Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Was looking at a great night, stopping earlier than usual as tired from driving. Bed was as hard as the proverbial rock! Free hot breakfast the next morning was a 5 foot rack in the lobby with hot water,instant porridge packets, coffee and fresh fruit. No where to sit. Could have taken it back to my room as I had a kitchenette. Likely my fault as I was only staying for one night and this was an extended stay hotel so I wasn't able to benefit from their good qualities. When I found out that the good deal I found on Hotels.com was no longer a good deal as I had to pay $25 for my pets that I had been told were not charged for, I should have gone next door.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback regarding our reservations policy and free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at directly at, gfm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The kitchen was useful IF equipped for actual use. There was very little in it and the things there were very tinny and sub-standard. NOT EVEN ENOUGH PLATES AND CUPS FOR THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE BOOKED. The fridge freezer leaked water on all fridge items. Even the dish soap was scarce. The room was clean; staff was friendly. The carpet is very stained. The TV channels are not very child friendly. Heating and cooling system works well. The grab and go breakfast is sub-standard and needs a little infusion. If one is going to offer such a thing, then it should suit all ages. There should be juice and milk for kids. Otherwise, just cut it out. Staff responds to needs quite well. The lounge chair needs replacing. Overall.. it was barely low average. Location is good. COULD BE A MUCH BETTER HOTEL with a little infusion of money to update.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would rate this as a poor hotel. It says that is has been renovated but the room we had did not look at all like it had been updated for years. In a word it seemed somewhat shabby. No public computer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 10 February 2014

There are many great things about this hotel. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We really liked having a kitchenette. We found the location convenient. However, we found the room to be dirty. There were dirty cutlery in the drawer, everything was dusty and there were stains on the wall. The dishes provided were lacking. There wasn't a pot or frying pan to be found. If this hotel were to fix the cleanliness problem it would definitely be a 4 or 4.5 star place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have stayed here 3 times before, and this time around it was disgusting. I had to wipe down the furniture before I could use it (i.e. desk). The floor had food on it from a previous stay. The top sheet on the bed has yellow stains on it. There are multiple coffee stains of the wall in various spots. Next time I may just spend the extra money and stay at the other hotel that has kitchen suites by the courthouse.

Room Tip: Before you check it in, do what your mom used do, and inspect the room for cleanness .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidayvillagerocks
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I like the consept of this hotel with the little kitchenette. I am sure it would be awesome for people working in the area. When we went into room, found mattress to be so hard when you sat on the end the other end went up. Like a teetor totter. After showing this to Debra who was working front desk, she went and found us a room with somewhat better mattress. Had stayed here before and didn't like it because of the mattress. I like to sleep, so not being able to was nasty. The front desk was very helpfull and I thank Debra for helping us.

Room Tip: don't stay here and you won't need a tip
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments regarding Debra; however, I am sorry to hear that the bed in your first room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I went to Great Falls for Black Friday shopping and decided to stay in this property because it looked good enough for catching a break in between shopping sprees. I have to say that this is probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed (and I travel quite a bit). The property is dated and is very poorly up kept. There was a stench of cigarette smoke from the moment we walked in, and it was perceived all over the property. Our room was filthy, there were beer caps on top of the fridge and the carpet look like it had never been vacuumed. I immediately removed the bed covers because they looked disgusting. The beds were all right but everything smelled like smoke. The next morning we went to take a shower and there was NO hot water!! The water started lukewarm and within 30 seconds would turn icy cold! We phone the reception desk and said they would take a look, which they never did. We didn't even bother having breakfast, we just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Would NEVER go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nanbell0
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Great Falls - Missouri River, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction and the staff was not responsive to your complaint of having no hot water in the room. In response to your feedback, I have spoken to the front desk staff about being more responsive to guest concerns and am working with the housekeeping staff to ensure that our guest rooms are cleaned according to our company's high standards moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gfm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.