“Comfortable but horrible customer service.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Great Falls
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We chose the La Quinta for night one and seven of our 7 day road trip. We booked our rooms 2 weeks in advance with a credit card gurantee, which obviously doesn't guarantee you anything but a headache. Night one was just to relax after a long drive to catch a flight in the morning. We had booked a smoking room and airport shuttle. Well surprise, surprise............no shuttle service on December 23 at 9:00am. Seriously!!!! No notice, no offer to pay for cab.....nothing but very crappy attitude from the front desk.
Our last night back in Montana, after flying back in...........still no shuttle service on Dec. 30.at 4pm. Not only was there no shuttle service, the front desk wouldn't even answer the phone. Another $20 bucks wasted needlessly! Upon arriving at the hotel, we found out that not only could we not have the king executive suite we booked 3 weeks previous, in 1 week they had become a smoke free hotel. At the very least they could have told us this upon our first check in. The attitude of the front dest was terrible. I wanted a coffee at 8:30pm, so I went to the breakfast room to find none. I asked the front desk girl if she would mind making some, and with rolling eyes and slamming of doors, she did.
I was very, very disappointed because I was very much looking forward to another comfy sleep at the La Quinta and a swim and hot tub before another long drive home the next day.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I have always had good experiences with La Quinta but will never, ever, give them another penny. I should add that my son and I loved the beds but my husband found them way too soft. He dreamt all night that he was sinking in quick sand. lol

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry F

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn and thought our room was comfortable and relatively clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We were put in a second floor room close to the end where the pool is and we could hear everything that was going on at the pool through our bathrrom vent. Also the day of checkout I was very ill as I got food poisoning the night before and they were not very accomodating with us being out of the room right at checkout. I did explain this to the front desk and we still got a VERY rude maid telling us she hadn't been informed of a late checkout. We also had been asked at the front desk upon check in if we needed maid service on Christmas Day and we declined maid service to give them a day off & then we get this treatment????

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We always avoided La Quinta thinking they were lower end properties. This hotel was the opposite, great location and excellent customer service. Right on the river in the historic district. We took our 2 labs with us and there was no issue's in fact they did not even charge for pets. Big clean rooms and a good pizza place right beside the hotel. They have a pool, and bike rentals as the hotel fronts right on to the river and river trails. I did not try the free breakfast.
Only con was although our room was clean at check in housekkeping was a little spotty but issues were minor.
This will be our new favorite place to stay in Great Falls. This La Qunita rocks!!!

Room Tip: Get a riverside suite suite on main floor, you can walk right out of your patio door and on to the p...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ewok22
Reviewed 12 November 2011

On a cross country road trip, I stayed one night at the Great Falls, MT La Quinta Inn. It was the nicest of all the La Quinta's that I stayed at. All La Quintas are PET FRIENDLY and do not charge anything extra for the pet. The lobby was beautifully decorated appropriate to the Northwest theme. There is a beautiful park that stretches in front of the river side of the hotel - perfect for a stroll or walking your dog. Staff was extremely helpful. La Quintas also have a guest laundry room which is real helpful if you are on a road trip. Beautiful hotel for the mid price range!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ClipCurves
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My husband and I are driving down to Great Falls from Calgary for Christmas this year .We are staying at the La Quinta Inn from reading the reviews I am so excited .The place sounds perfect ,like a little bit of a piece of home away from home .
I will write a review when we come back but Im sure we will be very happy staying there .
jack and dawna

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel had everything for a reasonably priced hotel: new and super clean; complimentary breakfast (with eggs and bacon); spacious rooms with great beds and a desk: nice view onto the river; right on an extensive bike trail along the river and bike rentals for $6 an hour; 3 pm checkin and noon checkout, computer access in business centre;small indoor pool and hot tub; fridge and microwave AND a detailed TV guide so one didn't have to constantly channel surf. Couple from Calgary

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9Kate
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We put this room on a 6pm hold a couple of days before heading down from Canada. Just before we left I called and guaranteed it with a credit card. Drove over 10 hours and pulled in after 11pm just to find out our room was booked by someone else. Simply unbelievable! Boy were we pissed off, and they didn't have any other room available They sent us to the old Comfort Inn away from the river and we walked in and back out, and went back to the hotel and complained and let them know about it.

All we wanted to do was check in and get a good sleep upon arrival, instead we had to spend another 2 hours tracking down a hotel that was decent. I could understand if it was on a 6pm hold, but seriously, I called just before we left and was assured that the room had been booked and guaranteed on Friday, September 2nd. Absolutely a huge disappointment, I definitely expected better from La Quinta.

In regards to the ratings below for the Rooms - There's no option for what rooms?

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if your room is gone even if you guarantee it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family