La Quinta Inn & Suites Great Falls
US$85
US$159
US$99
US$91
Days Inn Great Falls(Great Falls)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
Motel 6 Great Falls(Great Falls)
US$78
US$139
All reviewsthe rivermckenzie river pizzawalking pathbreakfast roomwould highly recommend this hotelhotel is locatedwafflespool and hot tubbiscuits and gravyrooms are cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulbed was very comfortableroad tripfront desk staffnice stayparking lotfree breakfast
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I wanted to surprise my wife with a weekend away from it all. I decided to take her and one of my daughters (8 months) to Great Falls. I settled on the the La Quinta Inn & Suites based on the favorable reviews on TA. I'm glad I did!

This hotel is nicely situated next to the Missouri River. I asked for a river view room and it was well worth the extra $$. My wife and I were able to sit out on the deck and read our books and listen to music. We watched boats go by on the river and people using the adjacent pathway. It was quiet, relaxing and it really felt like a mini vacation.

My daughter had plenty of room to cruise around and explore. The fact that the river view room is actually two rooms allows for privacy if needed. We'll come back with my other daughters and not have to worry about space and privacy.

The breakfast that was supplied was what you'd expect. It's fresh and well presented. Plenty of choices to start your day off right. Just be aware that this is not a full restaurant. It's a continental breakfast, so set your expectations accordingly. We enjoyed it.

La Quinta is very close to shopping centres and services. Starbucks is only 5 minutes away! I'd recommend a couple of coffees out on the deck watching the world go by.

We had a great stay and would definately go back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank MansTrips
Reviewed 16 July 2008

We rolled into Great Falls on a spare tire, having blown out a tire earlier that day on our cross-country trip. The hotel manager went way beyond what we would have asked or expected - he called around to find a reliable tire shop that had what we needed, persuaded them to take care of us first thing the next morning, picked up my husband when he dropped the car off for service and brought him back to the hotel for breakfast, and took him back to the shop to pick up our car when it was ready.

Overall, the service otherwise was friendly, prompt, and competent.

The rooms were clean and attractive. The beds were very comfortable. And our window looked out on the Missouri River - nice view. There is a very nice trail along the river for several miles, perfect for a morning walk or run. Great Falls seems to be a friendly city - everyone I met smiled and said hello.

If we go to Great Falls again, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank WannaGoThere2
Reviewed 12 July 2008

My second time staying at La Quinta in Great Falls. I can honestly say that it was better than 2 Years ago. We only stayed 1 night on a business trip, but check-in was quick and friendly. Also, it has definately had some improvements. Our hotel room was alot cleaner and so was the pool and the hot tub.
Our room had 2 queen beds facing the river. It was nice, but not sure if it was worth the extra money to face the river. The other view on the other side is a brewery warehouse. The executive suites with balconies would be lovely facing the river though.
The gym had newer equipment and the dry sauna was working this time. I booked on lq.com, but remember to check on their website for weekend deals. Sometimes they have rooms as low as $75 a night during a Fri, Sat, or Sun stay. But not during the week. Oh Well. It was a business trip.
The only negative thing I can say about it was its maybe a little more more than the Holiday Inn Express, but it does have a pool and a hot tub. And if you have kids, thats a factor that they like!
Oh and the breakfast is pretty good. Waffles, egg and sausage combos, english muffins, cold cereal, yogurt and juices. Its was well maintained and housekeeping kept the tables cleaner than before. But again this was during the week. I'm sure the weekends get alot busier.
I even got a email from the Manager the next day to find out how my stay was, and if I couldn't rate it above average, to tell him immediately.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 27 August 2007

We enjoyed our stay at the La Quinta in Great Falls. The rooms were typical 21st century hotel rooms, but very clean and attractive with comfortable beds and pillows. I liked the pattern on the bed spreads, which continued the river theme of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was quiet and restful.

This hotel has some nice amenities, too. The pool area and hot tub were clean and nice, with a door opening outside to the river walk. The included breakfast was mostly cold items, but included some hot things too including little egg patties in an omlette style. Good doughnuts. The adjacent pizza place was great, and we also had a nice meal at the Applebee's just up the street.

The outstanding feature of the La Quinta is the location along Great Falls' beautiful river walk. We enjoyed sitting out and watching the sunset over the Missouri one night, and on our last morning we took a walk and saw Canada geese flying overhead.

Nice place -- recommended!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 August 2007

We stayed here two days beginning 7/6/07, and our experience was OK. However, I noticed several dogs in the hall and heard another dog bark in one of the non-smoking rooms down the hall from our room. Upon checking out I asked which rooms the dogs were allowed in? The reply was "dogs are allowed in all the rooms."

Had I known that I might possibly have had to sleep in a bed that a dog slept in the night before I would not have made a reservation there. Guess I'll have to check into the "pet policy" of hotels a little closer in the future.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple